• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black wax for black car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black wax for black car

What is the best wax to use on black cars? Tired of the white powdery residue.
    TORNT

There’s really no such thing as a “best” overall wax. Each wax has different characteristics and everybody chooses the one that works “best” for them personally.

All of Meguiar’s waxes work really well on black cars but many people have favorites.

The way to keep residue low is to put wax on really, really thin, which is good advice for all waxes on all finishes anyway. Keep ‘em all thin.

Since you have a particular interest a wax with less visible residue I’d recommend #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax or NXT Tech Wax.

Oh, and to MOL!

PC.

Comment

Re: Black wax for black car

Originally posted by TORNT
      Hear is a thread from the Hot Topics section that might help you make a decision.:

What are the Differences Between Meguiar's Waxes
      Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

#16 dries fast, dries clear, and will not turn white on pebble textured black plastic trim.
        I never knew that,

but then i usually tape it off

Comment

i would try NXT #26 to top it
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

M21 topped with NXT Paste! Tim will get you the link to where he used that process. Unbeatable shine!

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Re: Black wax for black car

Originally posted by TORNT
              I recomend u stay like one inch away from rubber moldings. I began doing that and it's great! you don't really need to get right up against them.

Comment

And me, I prefer gold class wax on mine. Deep and glossy.
                Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

#26 on black = wet good looks!

Comment

I use #7 topped by #26 on my black pickup, I like the #26 a lot better than the gold class it seems to last at lot longer and is easier to work with. I use Nxt on my black car it looks better on it than any others I have tried.

Comment

See? Everybody has a preference for their wax. As Mike Phillips' sig says:

Find something you like and use it often.
                      Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Re: Re: Black wax for black car

Originally posted by Mr.Stang
                        I recomend u stay like one inch away from rubber moldings. I began doing that and it's great! you don't really need to get right up against them.
                        why don't you just tape them off ? personally i find this a lot easier
                        Patrick Yu
                        2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Black wax for black car

Originally posted by sneek
                          why don't you just tape them off ? personally i find this a lot easier
                          Just make sure you use the good painters tape (blue). I use the cheap stuff the first time, and I spent about 1hr removing the adhesive from my mouldings. The blue tape comes off with no problem.
                          Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

i have this green stuff? it seems to work fine but ill try to find blue tape but i think the green stuff is the best that i can get
                            Patrick Yu
                            2003 Honda Accord

Comment

3M painters tape is what I use. Little or no adhesive left behind after I remove it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');