• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber towels

I attended the May 1 online forum car car day at Meguiar's in Irvine, and was extremely impressed with all the products - even more than in the past, and I mostly use Meguiar's products on my car's finish.

This was the first time I used the Meguiar's microfiber towels, and they are better than any of the others I've used. Have you guys ever thought of making full size microfiber beach towels- with or without the Meguiar's logo? Yours absorb great and they're soft. It's hard to find really good large beach towels for under $50 anyway, so I thought I'd put this out there as a new product suggestion. Your microfiber towel material has to do a much better job drying people than terry cloth, and it's just as soft.

Re: Microfiber towels

Originally posted by geoff
    Have you guys ever thought of making full size microfiber beach towels- with or without the Meguiar's logo? Yours absorb great and they're soft. It's hard to find really good large beach towels for under $50 anyway, so I thought I'd put this out there as a new product suggestion. Your microfiber towel material has to do a much better job drying people than terry cloth, and it's just as soft.
    Hi geoff,

I'm glad you enjoyed the event, I did also. I remember you asking me this question and I'll forward this post to Laina who's always looking for new ideas and suggestions.

By the way, Meguair's has a [b]*New* mircrofiber polishing cloth out that comes in a 20 Pack. I think it will retail for $70.00, which makes each mircrofiber $3.50 each.

They are superior in performance. I heard they are shipping, and I have ordered some for this weekends Autopia Detail Day at Meguiar's.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey Mike,

Is this a phone order only...can find the 20 pack on the site.

Thanks -- TC

Comment

Re: Re: Microfiber towels

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        [B]

By the way, Meguair's has a *New* mircrofiber polishing cloth out that comes in a 20 Pack.

Mike
        whats "new " about them? are they ultimate wipes or something different?
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

I think the new ones don't have that band that goes around them.

Comment

if they're the same other than the band I could live with that for that price!
            2019 GMC Sierra
            1500 AT4

Comment

Was wondering if any of you guys have a photo of an Ultimate Wipe?I am Looking for a different kind.I have been using a MF that I swear the hem on the edges is causing fine scratches.I think the brand is Z-Wipes or something like that.I'll throw em all out for 20 of these if it's what I'm looking for.

Comment

I got to try the new Ultimate Wipes (I believe these are what would be in the 20 pack) at the Autopia day, and they are really nice. They are a fluffy waffle weave and are very soft and useful, plus they are edgeless! They are much much nicer than the original Ultimate Wipe, which wasn't bad, but IMO wasn't as good as similarly priced towels. The new one is great. I will probably order some up along with the larger drying towels. Great stuff!

Heh, after the detail day, I'll probably go buy some Detailer glass cleaner (it was really effective on the horrible buggy crud on Mike's Blazer window, and didn't streak at all on that or the Pilot ) some Hand Polish, and one of those Meguiar's aprons. I really got to check out a lot of stuff I was curious/on the fence about.
                1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

The new towels are very nice...Much different than the off brands in the stores.
                  r. b.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');