• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your prefered car wash soap/shampoo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is your prefered car wash soap/shampoo?

As a follow-up, 62 did really well at 36F at the coin op with two buckets. I didn't wash for a month due to the -20 to +5 arctic storm we had in Chicago and 62 performed like a champ. The scent has grown on me so I'll admit to sniffing it from time to time when I'm in the laundry room where I store my supplies . Now I wish one of the QD's worked at below 50F.

Comment

Gold Class for me
      -Rick
      1991 Saab 900

Comment

Recently used 62 for the first time. It's definitely stiff competition for Gold Class and M00, in my opinion.
        2013 Highlander - black
        2010 TL - black

Comment

I voted other.

I love Zaino's car wash. Not because of the way it works, but for the smell.

I can't get enough of that smell!

Comment

I'm on the same page as Tim, #62 and Shampoo plus are my favorite. Hyper Wash in a foam gun/cannon only...

Comment

I use gold class, and I think I will stick with it for a loooong time.... the water just sheets off too easily
              Ganesa,
              Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

I used the Gold Class for the first time today (I've been detailing my car for the last three hours and decided to take a small break here!).

I have hard water here in AZ, and didn't think it suds up well at all. But I liked the finish and no water stains.

I'm looking for something better, maybe the 62 next?

Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by itself View Post
                  I used the Gold Class for the first time today (I've been detailing my car for the last three hours and decided to take a small break here!).

I have hard water here in AZ, and didn't think it suds up well at all. But I liked the finish and no water stains.

I'm looking for something better, maybe the 62 next?

Lisa
                  Since you have hard water may I suggest NXT car wash?

NXT wash is formulated for hard water.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
                  r. b.

Comment

I never use any type of car washing soap on my car. I have before....but my car just gets washed off with just water from the manual car washes. My experience with car wash soap (too include but not limited to Meguiars) has been bad for me.

For the past several years though....I dont "need" to use soap. The water and the process inwhich I dry and follow-up detail my car negates the need for soap.

Im currently making a newly updated How-To for how I wash, dry, and detail. I'll post it up on here when I can.
                    Shane
                    Cardomain · HINcity

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                      Just that..... what do you reach for time and time again?

Hope I listed all of them!

I have tried:

NXT Generation Car Wash
                      Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
                      Deep Crystal Car Wash

I always reach for Gold Class... Someone suggested #62 so me sometime ago I am going to pick up a gallon when I run out of Gold Class.
                      I think I like the shampoo. My car becomes so shinning.

Comment

Even though I chose Gold Class soap, I find it a pain in the neck to get My windows to come clean after washing. It leaves a film that is hard to see in the rain. That said, I really like the way it clean and makes the paint look great!
                        Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
                          Even though I chose Gold Class soap, I find it a pain in the neck to get My windows to come clean after washing. It leaves a film that is hard to see in the rain. That said, I really like the way it clean and makes the paint look great!
                          That is news to me.

I haven't encountered anything remotely similar to it.
                          r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
                            Likely you are using too much soap, not enough water.

Comment

In my arsenal I have:

*3 - 64oz GC Shampoo
                              *4 - 48oz Ultimate Wash & Wax
                              *12 - 64oz Eagle One NanoWash & Wax
                              *6 - 16oz DC Car Wash
                              *1 - 128oz Clean Mart Super Cherry Car Soap (super thick, like molasses)

I am planning to buy a gallon of Meguiars Super Soap someday this month for $14.99, and only $7.99 for a REFILL on my local Meguiar's Dealer.

I mainly use Eagle One each week when I am doing a NO touch car wash on my driveway. I dilute EO with 3:1 of water, use it on my Home Depot CUSTOM-made foam gun.

I use DC Car Wash on my wheel wells, and my other older car.

Before I got any Eagle One car wash soap, I use to use GC every week. However, when Checkers put Eagle One on SALE, I could not resist.

Finally, I use UW&W everytime if rains or every three weeks (which every comes first).

Comment

Still waiting on Meguiars to make a soap sampler.
                                r. b.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');