• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck Owners... What do you do with the bed of your truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Owners... What do you do with the bed of your truck?

Truck Owners... What do you do with the bed of your truck?

Do you wash the inside of it with every wash? Do you wax/detail it when you detail the outside of your truck?

In my case I have a bed cover and my tailgate is sealed so it says dry, just gets dusty. I have not washed it since I waxed the bed over a year ago now, mainly just dusty now but I think its due for a good cleaning.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I have a spray in bedliner, so I just leave it alone. I noticed today though that it is losing its "black" and is kinda dry looking. I wonder if there is something that would restore its luster and its "rubbery" properties.
    http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal
      I have a spray in bedliner, so I just leave it alone. I noticed today though that it is losing its "black" and is kinda dry looking. I wonder if there is something that would restore its luster and its "rubbery" properties.
      On my Hand Ridgeline I have a Composite Bed. I generally wash it out about every other wash or so. I have a dedicated scrub brush for this.

About a month ago I got it the with a can of NEW Exterior Trim Detailer and just spayed down everything. Worked like a champ.
      Last edited by Jeff Smith; Nov 14, 2005, 09:27 PM.
      Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
        On my Hand Ridgeline I have a Composite Bed. I generally washit out about every other wash or so. I have a dedicated scrub brush for this.

About a month ago I got i the with a can of NEW Exterior Trim Detailer and just spayed down everything. Worked like a champ.
        I have a composite bed as well in my 2005 Toyota Tacoma. I wash it out with a hose and and that gets it clean enough. Every couple of weeks I dress it with Hyper Dressing. I spray down the entire bed with the HD, then let it sit for a few minutes, then i get a large beach towel and I wipe it down to remove the excess. It comes out OK, but the bed is already scuffed up from use.

My plan is to get a tonneau cover and then I'm getting a bed rug. Then I'll get a Meg's trunk organizer and carry all my detail supplies

Comment

Spray-in bedliners are the way to go I think. That way the bed of your truck looks good, and hauling stuff in it wont mar the inside of it.
          Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
          Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I always used to use a competitor's product (before I worked at Meguiar's) to do the bed..... Mother's Preserves Protectant. I would always keep my fingers crossed that it wouldn't rain because it would always leave a greasy mess down the side of my truck.

I then discovered the Exterior Trim Detailer which is an amazing product. Shiny black goodness without the greasy mess. I really like the way it leaves the plastic bed liner on my Tacoma looking.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catalano
              I always used to use a competitor's product (before I worked at Meguiar's) to do the bed..... Mother's Preserves Protectant. I would always keep my fingers crossed that it wouldn't rain because it would always leave a greasy mess down the side of my truck.

I then discovered the Exterior Trim Detailer which is an amazing product. Shiny black goodness without the greasy mess. I really like the way it leaves the plastic bed liner on my Tacoma looking.

Brian
              Same here Brian. I did not know what I was going to do with the Exterior Trim Detailer at first because I was leary about spraying anything toward my truck. Ss, I started using the Gold Class Trim Detailer for my Trim. I then had 3/4 of a can of the Exterior Trim Detailer around and it finally dawned on me that I could use it in the bed. I went spray happy in there. Worked extremely well.
              Jeff Smith

Comment

How much of the can is used for your bed? How long does the dressing last?

Comment

i still have the paint, and i generally will wash it out and dry it, but i havent ever waxed it... maybe i should ;o) i plan on getting a tonneau or bedliner sometime in the future though...

Comment

Originally posted by kpagel
                    How much of the can is used for your bed? How long does the dressing last?
                    I went a little haywire and used up about 1/2 a can. Once I got started and saw what it could do I went spray happy. It hid alot of the white marks I get on my Black COmposit bed from scratches. Once I saw this I did it up. I just walked out and looked at it. It has gone through several washes and a few rains in the past month. For appearance purposes like what you might expect from a dressing, it is pretty much gone. But it still seems to be providing somewhat of a covering effect to the minor scratches I mentioned.

But, keep in mind that I "use" my truckbed. So detailing it on a regular basis is not worth it for me. Personnaly, if I were going to detail out a truckbed on a regular basis, I would use Hyper-Dressing and dillute it. Your probably going to use quite a bit detailing that much surface area regularly.
                    Jeff Smith

Comment

Originally posted by barrman
                      i still have the paint, and i generally will wash it out and dry it, but i havent ever waxed it... maybe i should ;o) i plan on getting a tonneau or bedliner sometime in the future though...
                      In the meantime hitting it with a cleaner wax every once in a while might be a good idea. Just something to keep the paint from fading out on you. Likely will assist in protecting the metal exposed by scratches a bit as well.
                      Jeff Smith

Comment

I have a toneau (sp) cover one mine, but a couple of times a year, I open the cover from both ends, (its cool like that haha) wash it, dry it then apply some sort of dressing. I like the way the #40 feels on the beadliner and since its covered it doesnt get exposed to the elements...
                        Rangerpowersports.com
                        Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
                          In the meantime hitting it with a cleaner wax every once in a while might be a good idea. Just something to keep the paint from fading out on you. Likely will assist in protecting the metal exposed by scratches a bit as well.
                          good idea... something like #6 should do?

Comment

Originally posted by barrman
                            good idea... something like #6 should do?
                            Like I said I wax it BUT... keep in mind wax is slick! If you don't have a bed mat and haul stuff it will be all over the bed. A bed mat prevents this problem. I have learned on my first truck, bent tail gate and bent front wall of the bed from frozen sand bags sliding around.
                            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

My pickup bed gets washed along with the rest of the vehicle. It's just the factory painted color, including scratches and small dings from being used as a truck. When I detail the beast, it gets #66 Quick Detailer by hand inside the bed.
                              See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');