• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is big and yellow, has more than 144 wheels and SHINES ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a picture of the trailer just before I cleaned it out last night --

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

CVUSD = Covina Valley Unified School District

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertFattal
        is that the CVUSD busses?
        No they are not CVUSD buses but I should go talk to them. They have by far the worst looking buses in the San Gabriel valley.

I live just down the street from them on Badillo street.
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine

That is quite a mess.... Looks like you have a PC for each day of the month!
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

So I remember in your original solicitation post for help, you said people working could buy the PCs at discount. Did any of them get sold? Seems like you still have quite a few. My guess is that after working that hard, people wanted hard cash, not a tool.

On the other hand, there are plenty of people here on MOL, that'd love a stab at them.

So what are your plans?

Richard

Richard Lin
            ShowCarDetailing
            5548 E. La Palma Ave
            Anaheim, CA 92807
            toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

All but three people were day laborers I hired from an employment agency. The three who are into detailing already had theirs.

I was told this was going to be a yearly gig so I think I will hang on to them.

Comment

Good deal. One more thing. How big is that water tank in the picture?? Just curious how much water you used to wash 36 buses!!

Richard
                All but three people were day laborers I hired from an employment agency. The three who are into detailing already had theirs.

I was told this was going to be a yearly gig so I think I will hang on to them.
                Richard Lin
                ShowCarDetailing
                5548 E. La Palma Ave
                Anaheim, CA 92807
                toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

The water tank is a 250 gallon tank.

I converted tap water into DI water on-site with portable DI tanks from US Filter. I think we filled it up two or three times or maybe even four. So we used some where between 500 to 1000 gallons I guess.

Comment

tee hee.

So next time...will you clay them first?
                    It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

Re: tee hee.

Originally posted by Godiva
                      So next time...will you clay them first?
                      That sounds like fun!
                      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

No clay but we will decontaminate them with a three step "A-B-C System" that is a neutralization and wash system formulated to remove industrial fallout, rail dust, hard water deposits, acid rain residue and other forms of pollutants.

The cleaner we can get the paint the better the wax/sealant step will go.

Comment

Just curious Joe, did you have to capture all of the wash & rinse runoff from the busses for proper disposal?
                          r. b.

Comment

In this picture you can see a wash rack. The wash rack has a built in clarifier. Most of the water ran into the wash rack. We had some flow into the dirt toward the back of the yard but according to the regulations I was given by the city it was legal.

I do have two water containment systems for jobs that don't have wash racks or other form of water containment.

Comment

OK, thanks, that was interesting. Not sure if I've seen anything like that around here yet.
                              r. b.

Comment

That is just plain wild! You are a brave man to tackle such a huge task. Good you had some good help though.
                                I love the Lord because He first loved me...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');