• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange County and San Diego Prius Clubs at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange County and San Diego Prius Clubs at Meguiar's!

Orange County and San Diego Prius Clubs at Meguiar's!

On November 12th, 2005 Meguiar's proudly hosted a hands-on detailing class for members of both the Orange County Prius Club and the San Diego Prius Club here at Meguiar's Corporate offices in Irvine, CA.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Killer class today!

What a great group of enthusiasts we had here at Meguiar's today! A big thank you to everyone that attended!

Although they are not all in this photo, we had a total of 19 Toyota Priuses here today!

Wide awake and ready to get going!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

very cool!

looking fwd to some more pictures!

2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

It was a GREAT class, and I learned a lot. I can't wait to get my products in the mail and start using them! Although it certainly won't go as fast as when everyone in the class was working on the car..... :-)

Pat

Comment

It was a great experience to learn how to use your products.

I would be interested in a similar class about care and cleaning the car interior in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by sdmiller
            It was a great experience to learn how to use your products.

I would be interested in a similar class about care and cleaning the car interior in the future.
            Well we did actually cover this in the class as far as the basics like matching the correct product to the surface you're working on.

We also tested and demonstrated that the new Quik Interior Detailer was safe on some of the special interior surfaces found inside the Prius. Also the Gold Class Trim Detailer for both exterior and interior plastics.

As far as a full-on how to shampoo and clean carpets and upholstery, that would have to be a dedicated day as time is short as it is for all the subjects we cover.

Of course it didn't help that the pizza was over an hour late... my fault...
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

What a great day.

And yes, the pizza was great.

Mike....I know the two interior detailing products that were tried on Saturday were OK with our interior plastic...but what about the protectorant wipes? Are they just the same product but in a wipe form? I wasn't sure about the wipes versus the interior detailer spay or bottle. I'd like the wipes more but will go with the bottle if it's a sure thing.

Also...is there any clay product available before the new kit becomes available in 2006? Since I already have the spray detailer and a microfiber towel I really only need the clay bar. Really want to toss my Mother's clay (the only thing I could find in April when I bought the car) in favor of a Meguiar's product.

Because class ran late I had to leave, but I talked to Chris(?) about sending my shopping list and credit card number in. I have a nice, long list of things I want to buy. I spent Sunday armchair shopping through the catalog we got in our goodie bag. Left phone messages today with Chris(?) and will try again tomorrow. I must have about $400 worth of stuff on the list. I can fax it in but want to make sure I use the correct fax number and someone knows what it is when it arrives.

Can I still get the 10% discount?

BTW I first started using Meguiar's around 1982. A friend who owns a classic car recommended it to me. I've never gone beyond a simple wash and wax so I'm very appreciative that Meguiar's offers the classes so I now know the correct way to keep my new car looking new.

An ounce of prevention can be added to your use it often.

BTW I'm going to try to take the scratches out of my old car myself. Dog claw marks down the entire side. They did love to ride in the car. I'll take before and after pics if anyone is interested. After Saturday I have the confidence to make the attempt.

Thanks for a great class.
              It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

Also...is there any clay product available before the new kit becomes available in 2006? Since I already have the spray detailer and a microfiber towel I really only need the clay bar. Really want to toss my Mother's clay (the only thing I could find in April when I bought the car) in favor of a Meguiar's product.
                The clay by itself is in the "professional" catalog, and is a tub with 7 ounces of clay (2 bars) and costs $24.95 (I think). Oddly enough it's actually cheaper to purchase the G1116 Quik Clay Detailing System than to buy the clay separately!! Really!!! AND you get the red bottle Quik Detailer as well! It comes with one clay bar of 3.5 ounces, so if you want two bars, just order two boxes of the System (which will cost $19.98). Gladys(?) from the O.C. club and I stayed late to fill out our orders, and we found this out. Yeah, you'll have a lot of detailer liquid, but you'll be able to use it generously and have a great-looking car!

Pat

Oh yeah...who cares if the pizza was late--it was yummy!!!

Comment

Re: What a great day.

Originally posted by Godiva
                  And yes, the pizza was great.

Mike....I know the two interior detailing products that were tried on Saturday were OK with our interior plastic...but what about the protectant wipes? Are they just the same product but in a wipe form? I wasn't sure about the wipes versus the interior detailer spay or bottle. I'd like the wipes more but will go with the bottle if it's a sure thing.
                  I'll ask our DOT and R&D about this...

We offer clay by itself in our Detailer Line.

Because class ran late I had to leave, but I talked to Chris(?) about sending my shopping list and credit card number in. I have a nice, long list of things I want to buy. I spent Sunday armchair shopping through the catalog we got in our goodie bag. Left phone messages today with Chris(?) and will try again tomorrow. I must have about $400 worth of stuff on the list. I can fax it in but want to make sure I use the correct fax number and someone knows what it is when it arrives.

Can I still get the 10% discount?
                  You can reach Chris by phone here,

1-800-854-8073 x171

BTW I first started using Meguiar's around 1982. A friend who owns a classic car recommended it to me. I've never gone beyond a simple wash and wax so I'm very appreciative that Meguiar's offers the classes so I now know the correct way to keep my new car looking new.

An ounce of prevention can be added to your use it often.
                  So true!

BTW I'm going to try to take the scratches out of my old car myself. Dog claw marks down the entire side. They did love to ride in the car. I'll take before and after pics if anyone is interested. After Saturday I have the confidence to make the attempt.

Thanks for a great class.
                  Thank you for spending your entire Saturday with us!
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for the class!

Mike and Chris

Thank you very much for the class! A TON of good info though my head is kind of spinning trying to absorb all the knowledge. Thanks for the goodie bag too!

Sorry I couldn't stay to have the scratches removed from my rear quarter panel. I guess I'll have to give Scratch X a try.

Thanks for the photos too! Nice looking Salsa Red Prius in the front of the 2nd photo!

Mike, I took the liberty of enhancing your photos a bit so we can see all the faces and Prius cars.

- SalsaMike
                    Last edited by SalsaMike; Nov 17, 2005, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');