• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Product Suggestion -- Wax for Cold Climates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Product Suggestion -- Wax for Cold Climates

Would it be possible to have a wax product to be specially formulated for cold weather climates (like here in Western NY) that lasts longer during those months and has some anti-corrosive properties against salt (or more than your standard wax).
    For anyone that lives in climates where you have road salt, it isn't uncommon for my dark vechicle to look totally white coated in salt during the winter.
    Since I have a brand new 05 Xterra (that I absolutely love) in red I want to keep it looking amazing all that much longer.

(I think I posted this in the worng forum, how do I move it?)
    2000 Nissan Maxima
    2005 Nissan Xterra

Re: New Product Suggestion -- Wax for Cold Climates

Originally posted by tron1974

(I think I posted this in the wrong forum, how do I move it?)
    Only a Moderator or an Administrator can move threads and I've done this by placing this into the New Products Suggestions forum.

Thank you for your suggestion, I can assure you that management reads this forum.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

not a bad idea... maybe also be formulated to apply in colder temps, say to boost the protection in the middle of winter.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
        not a bad idea... maybe also be formulated to apply in colder temps, say to boost the protection in the middle of winter.
        The NXT Spray Wax dries quickly in cold weather. It is much easier to use in cold weather compared to hot humid weather. When it's colder, you don't have to be quite as careful about applying an extremely thin coating.

I imagine the NXT Paste would work well too, as it dries very quickly.

This winter, I plan on using NXT Paste on the upper body panels and #21 on the lower body panels. And I will use the Spray Booster Wax to boost protection after washing. With all 3 of these products, I really like the way water rolls off the paint during rainstorms. The upper parts of my car usually don't look as dirty as I would expect after getting caught in heavy rain. Hopefully the results will be good in the snow too.

I will add to your suggestion. I would like to see some anti-static properties similar to Medallion Premium Paint Protection. Maybe that would help reduce the salt dust buildup when you drive on dry roads previously treated with road salt.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
          The NXT Spray Wax dries quickly in cold weather. It is much easier to use in cold weather compared to hot humid weather. When it's colder, you don't have to be quite as careful about applying an extremely thin coating.
          I have some NXT Booster wax I have just never quite found a use for it. I prefer to apply NXT liquid or paste over the booster wax but.... it might be a good option when its a little cooler out, I will have to give it a try many people like it I just haven't quite taken a liking to it.

Well.... That is if we ever get any cooler weather. Been a VERY good fall here in Iowa, Indiana isn't all that far away I am sure it has been similar. I am not complaining.
          Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
            Well.... That is if we ever get any cooler weather. Been a VERY good fall here in Iowa, Indiana isn't all that far away I am sure it has been similar. I am not complaining.
            It's been a great fall down here too. Although the leaf colors are behind schedule because of it being a little warmer than usual.

Sorry for the highjack.
            r. b.

Comment

We had our first frost here in Southern MD about a week ago. I have already start getting in the habit of checking out the extended forecasts to pick which days I will do what on. During the warmer months I look to see when rain is forecasted and during the winter months I look for the warmest days.

Meguiar's needs to put out a Detailing Forecast.
              Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

I was thinking the same the thing the other day about the need for a winter wax. A wax or sealant which last when put to the test of ice-melters, the abrasive slurry the ice melters make, constants wetness, freezing and thazing, extreme low temperatures and harsh pre-soaks at the car wash. A feature of the winter wax or sealant I would like to see is a anti-stick property where the salt slurry and other winter goo does not stick to the paint or other protected surfaces. I am not sure what the scientific term would be, so I am calling anti-stick until informed otherwise. This anti-stick property could also be used during the summer during bug season. The anti-stick property would make washing the vehicle easier during the winter with a QEW type product or by hand at the coin-op.

I the wax or sealant would need to have anti-corrosive protection as already stated iin this thread.

tron1974,
                Sorry for the hijack.

Eric
                Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

anti-stick NXT now with StickX!
                  Brandon

Comment

No problem on the hijack. My sentiments were the same. I would love a wax to make the stuff not stick, but also last 4 months in the cold winter here in NY.
                    2000 Nissan Maxima
                    2005 Nissan Xterra

Comment

Non stick or self clean would be great.

Comment

I think part of the problem ends up being that the more fancy protective stuff that goes ino a wax, the more it detracts from the looks. I mean, a thick coat of mud would probably protect great, but not look good.

Quite frankly, I would buy a 'winter wax', even if it wasnt as glossy, attractive, etc, if it would just protect for a few months and come off in the spring.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

<- I MISS MY NICE CLEAN CAR

Originally posted by Murr1525
                          I think part of the problem ends up being that the more fancy protective stuff that goes ino a wax, the more it detracts from the looks. I mean, a thick coat of mud would probably protect great, but not look good.

Quite frankly, I would buy a 'winter wax', even if it wasnt as glossy, attractive, etc, if it would just protect for a few months and come off in the spring.
                          I agree, I would love to see something you could apply and leave on all winter and remove in spring....a WAX BLANKET !!....we measure how long our cars stay clean in minutes not days here in Buffalo...so I'd like to apply a thick coat of something and not worry about it until May....something to think about !!!....I think Mequiar's could also sell a good snow removal device like the snow brum....
                          Bill Poirier
                          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Actually any of the poly waxes would be great for winter. But one question that I have for Mike is. What does he think about self cleaning waxes like 16, P21S,Collite are supposed to be.Is that a myth or what? I do agree with the appearance when it comes to a winter wax it can be low.But will the market be strong enought for Megs to make it. What do you guys think about a wash&wax?Because, right now NXT wash with anti mineral aka salt would be the ticket. Maybe another wash after with a wash&wax product would be good.Or maybe just a spray wax would be best. Somebody should make this a poll.

Comment

Car cover with window and door holes cut out.

/Problem solved/

Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                              Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');