• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carpet brush for PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet brush for PC

Has anyone tried the cyclo upholstery brush on your PC? What speed setting are you using? I detail about 100 cars a year donated to our vehicle ministry at our church. I always dread opening them up and seeing the interior. I’m thinking the brush system would cut down on my interior scrub time.

I'm interested as well as I have never used the Cyclo for cleaning carpets. I would also be interested in the brush attachment for the dual action polisher for cleaning things like carpets and showers tiles and textured Fiberglas floors.

On a side note, I thought about doing this for our church as well; perhaps you can share some information about your program?

There might be some other people interested as well...

Thanks!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Too lazy to add pics and what not. Click here --> Floor mat Extreme Makeover? (lots of pics)

or this ---->Toyota 4X4 Interior

Civic Interior Makeover lots of pics

I've had real good results using the brush with the pc. Great results and a reduction in time to get the work done too.

As for PC speed, I think it was 4-5 with a small amount of downward force. A good APC and heated extractor will get you far. I've read some detailers using Oxy clean and cold water on carpets with outstanding results.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Rick

Comment

Mike. Our vehicle ministry has been in place for about 10 years. Started with one of our members, who is a mechanic, who wanted to help other members with basic car maintenance like oil changes. Not long after he started doing this, we started asking for cars to be donated and given to members of our church and community that didn’t have the means for transportation. The donor would get the tax write offs.

We take any vehicle that comes our way. If it doesn’t run, we just ask the donor to pay for the tow. We take those to the salvage yard and sell it for parts. If we determine the vehicle can be repaired for less than $1000 or so in parts, we fix it and give it away. If the repair would be over that, we take it to auction.

We hope to be able to deliver a car that will not be in need of major repairs for at least 2 years. We not only look at the mechanical side but the overall expected expenses the vehicle might have, to determine if the car is given away or taken to auction. Some imports like volvo’s, saabs, etc although nice, can get pricey for repairs down the road, and a single mother may not be able to afford a typical repair bill. Maybe it’s a V8 Ford Explorer that may be practical for a large family, but again with gas at $3 gal maybe not.

All the money we make from salvage or auction goes back into the ministry to purchase parts for other donated cars, or for oil change days we do quarterly.

I help by cleaning up the interior and exterior of the car the best I can, because it adds so much to the car and the recipient when they get the keys to their new shiny car. If the car goes off to auction, a well detailed car will bring in more money for the ministry.

Comment

Thanks for the information and pictures Scrub. You have confirmed my thoughts. Mike mentioned fiberglass, which got me thinking about boat hulls too. I guess I will need to pick up a couple and try them out. Maybe Meguiars could consider manufacturing some?

Comment

No problem.

I used to live in Indy. There is a great detailer near you. Jimmy Buffit. He's a member of this forum too. I visited his shop last year. He does some fine high end cars. Look him up some time.

Comment

Re: Carpet brush for PC

Originally posted by Spotty
              I detail about 100 cars a year donated to our vehicle ministry at our church.
              Wow, that's a great thing you and your church are doing!

More power to you all!
              r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub

I've had real good results using the brush with the pc. Great results and a reduction in time to get the work done too.

As for PC speed, I think it was 4-5 with a small amount of downward force. A good APC and heated extractor will get you far. I've read some detailers using Oxy clean and cold water on carpets with outstanding results.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Rick
                I just would like to talk about this topic further. I looked up on the Cyclo site and it is a dual brush system. Therefore, I have the following Q's

1)I assume you can purchase a single brush to be used for the DA/PC?

2) Or is there a kit where you get several single brushes?

3) I guess what I am asking is what brush should we use for the DA/PC on carpets?

Further, for us poor folk still raising a family, I can't get an Extractor at this time. Scrub mentioned using Oxy Clean with cold water, Brush, DA/PC and hearing that there were great results from it. Do you think when completed, the use of a wet vac (which I do have) would be required?

As a side note and because this is a Megs site, I looked all over for the Megs Carpet Cleaner and couldn't find it. On my next major order from Megs, I am going to include the purchase of this item. I hear the Carpet Cleaner is really good.
                Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

Hey Brad.

Great questions. I found a couple sites out there where you can buy single brushes. Just google cyclo upholstery cleaning brush. I have not used these yet, but there are descriptions of their different brushes and what to use them for. From Scrubs pictures, he is using the white, which appears to be for standard cleaning. They have an aqua that is not as stiff and a grey that is to be used for delicate upholstery No need to buy in pairs unless you want a back up.

I have not tried the oxy clean outside the house. I have been using both the Megs heavy duty carpet cleaner and their A.P.C. You will like either one. It wouldn’t hurt to go over it with the wet/dry vac, to prevent any mildew or mold growth.

Comment

Wow Brad great questions. We'll look at each of these point by point. I'll give you my spin on your questions. Others can agree or dispute my assessments.

Originally posted by BJClarke001
                    I just would like to talk about this topic further. I looked up on the Cyclo site and it is a dual brush system. Therefore, I have the following Q's

1)I assume you can purchase a single brush to be used for the DA/PC?

2) Or is there a kit where you get several single brushes?

3) I guess what I am asking is what brush should we use for the DA/PC on carpets?
                    I used a detailing site and ordered the white bristle and black bristle brushes. White is what I use on interior carpet. Black is a stiffer bristle that I have yet to use.

Here's the site I used... PC Brushes. As you can see they offer three different brushes.

Further, for us poor folk still raising a family, I can't get an Extractor at this time. Scrub mentioned using Oxy Clean with cold water, Brush, DA/PC and hearing that there were great results from it. Do you think when completed, the use of a wet vac (which I do have) would be required?

First when I mention Oxy-Clean, first warm or cold water can be used, I mentioned cold water meaning stain removal can occur with even cold water. Second I have never used this product/method but have seen some awesome pics of pro detailer's work with this product. If it's good enough for someone who earns a living at this, it's good enough for me.

As for the wet dry vac the individual that uses the Oxy-Clean method also utilizes a shop vac for extraction, I believe. Is the shop vac required no, helpful in aiding drying time yes.

As a side note and because this is a Megs site, I looked all over for the Megs Carpet Cleaner and couldn't find it. On my next major order from Megs, I am going to include the purchase of this item. I hear the Carpet Cleaner is really good.
                    Did you see this product?...

Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner This product works as advertised. I'll find some before and after pics with this product and post. Very easy to use product. Hope this covers your questions and is helpful.

Comment

Spotty and Scrub,

(That is a funny combination of screen names by the way)

THank you for your help on the subject.

I did go to the sites you mentioned and found the information. The brushes even attach to the PC just like putting a backing plate on. You identified speed setting and products to use and the only thing that is stopping me from doing it is getting the brush (I am going to start with the white general purpose brush). So, thanks again for taking the time for a detailed response. It remains proven to me that this site is the best with members that maintain class, unlike other detailing sites.
                      Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');