• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Shine Tire Spray > Driveways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Shine Tire Spray > Driveways

Hi All

Does anyone know the best way to remove Hot Shine Tire Spray from a brick block drive?

Not noticable when the drive is dry just when its wet when i get 4 crescent shapes on the drive where the tires were!

Even though i tend to spray onto an Eagle 1 applicator and apply with that inevitably i get drips/stains on the drive. I've tried a number of things to remove it - drive cleaner - washing soap but no still there.. it's certainly water proof and long lasting

Thanks

I suggest coating the entire driveway in the tire product.

Its no better on a concrete driveay, same look when it rains. I have marks all over the place.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

^^ Same problem here on the concrete. Now my driveway is asphalt so I will have to see what happens with it. What i have learned to do is when i shine the area of the tire touching the ground is to just spray the shine onto a towel or rag and then apply that way so you aren't actually spraying the product down onto the ground.
      Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
      2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

Tire dressings do the same thing to asphalt; it's probably even more noticeable. My driveway is crappy enough (and behind the house) that I don't care. Best cure is prevention, people have said they drape a towel on the ground around the tire before applying dressing. As far as removal, I think APC-type or tire cleaners (which are supposed to remove dressings, natch) scrubbed in with a stiff brush should remove or lessen the appearance of the dressing. For you folks with the brick or concrete, you might want to try some TSP or something from Home Depot. Any strong cleaner ought to do something...but if it has soaked into the pores of the concrete...the tire shine may bleed out afterwards.

Comment

Sorry to see that its not just me .

Coating the drive in the stuff, LOL can you imagine the neighbours - they already think i'm mad!

Thanks for the advice Setec i'll get myself some stronger driveway cleaner and try that. Towels draped round the wheel is also a good idea.

Rob

Comment

you can do what I do sometimes....

just go on the street and do it, over time the cars will run over it and it'll be concrete/asphalt again.

other than that you should just apply your spray via foam applicator....then it'll defeat the purpose of a spray right?

I use ASD with a foam applicator nowadays...easier and saves product.
            2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner
              Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

I don't have a solution to this particular problem, just a different technique that I use. I spread the tire dressing around the tire skipping the very bottom of the tire. I then get into my vehicle and move it forward/backward enough so that the bottom portion comes up to the side. Then I apply the dressing to that section leaving a nicely coated tire, and not a coated driveway/garage floor.
                1999 Ford Contour SVT
                Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
                1966/2760

Comment

I just live with the marks.

Lasts a long time huh?
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

drive my car onto a thin plastic sheet stuff used to prevent the draft in the winter i bought 200ft of it for $46 cad
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord
                    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I'll try the towel trick or driving onto the road outside the house (same as you Paul), did this a couple of time before and your right the marks disappear pretty quick that way..

Your right Mike, VERY long lasting......

Rob

Comment

Re: Hot Shine Tire Spray > Driveways

Originally posted by Rob66
                        Hi All

Does anyone know the best way to remove Hot Shine Tire Spray from a brick block drive?

Not noticable when the drive is dry just when its wet when i get 4 crescent shapes on the drive where the tires were!

Even though i tend to spray onto an Eagle 1 applicator and apply with that inevitably i get drips/stains on the drive. I've tried a number of things to remove it - drive cleaner - washing soap but no still there.. it's certainly water proof and long lasting

Thanks
                        I bought my house a tad over 5 years ago. My driveway still has those stains "From The Previous Owner!". I always use a Tire Swipe so I know it's not from me. It's not even where I do my detail work at. Very noticable during and after rains.

I have pressure washed my driveway 3-4 times in the previous 5 years. Not so much to remove these stains, but just to clean it in general, but at the time I did try to put a litle emphasis ont he stains.

I guess what I am trying to say here is "good luck"
                        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Will let you know if i manage to remove them.

Rob

Comment

you can hide the stains by using a color stain, also to prevent future stains try applying a concrete sealer.

Comment

It's quite funny that this topic came up. I live in an apartment in Connecticut, which is where I go to school. I never use dressings in a bottle or can for my car, preferring the Endurance. But, at school I don't have access to any means of washing my car myself, so I opt for the car wash and use Hot Shine to dress the tires.

I've dressed them 3 times so far and now have 12 marks in my parking spot in the asphalt lot. I can see exactly where I parked when I dressed the tires each time. It's actually pretty funny and I look at it every time I drive into the spot. It is VERY noticable.

But what do I care? It's not my lot and I'll be out of here in May.
                              - Brian
                              2006 Acura TSX with Navi
                              Past: 1997 Honda Accord LX

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');