• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stains from redwood tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stains from redwood tree

My redwood tree has stained my 1994 Jaguar XJ12 with little red spots. What product do you recommend for removing these stains? My friend recommened Windex, but I am not sure that would not hurt my previously fine finish.

Putting the car back in the garage as soon as my tile contractor completes this job in a week or two.
    Elis
    Go Bears!

Re: Stains from redwood tree

Originally posted by zrequir
    My redwood tree has stained my 1994 Jaguar XJ12 with little red spots. What product do you recommend for removing these stains? My friend recommended Windex, but I am not sure that would not hurt my previously fine finish.

Putting the car back in the garage as soon as my tile contractor completes this job in a week or two.
    Hi zrequir,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online

Sounds like a job for detailing clay...

Quik Clay System

After claying, you'll want to re-wax your car's paint as claying will remove most/all of the wax sitting on the surface along with any other above surface contaminant.

Here's a how to article that shows all of the steps and the products available to use to restore a show car shine to any vehicle by hand.

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

You can skip the paint cleaning and polishing steps if you want too, it depends upon your goals and the time you have available.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I would avoid the windex on your finish. I have had minor stains from trees as well. I find Speed detailng works well to remove the SAP if you use it quicky enough.

For the stains, I really can comment on that as I have been able to get to my stains pretty fast before they do alot of harm. Mike's input about the Quick Clay seems like a good idea. It will knock the SAP off of it very well. Then stains might be a little hard depending on how deep they go. If you are working by hand you might want to look at DC #s 1 & 2. But I would go with the Clay first then re-evaluate.
      Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');