• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Magnet vs Super Suede Drying Towel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Magnet vs Super Suede Drying Towel

Hi All,

I was shopping at my local handy store that has increased more MG products lately! Kudos to them!

And I was looking at both the Water Magnet and the Super Suede Drying Towel. The Water Magnet was more pricey compared to the latter.

So I was a bit confused on which should I get cos currently I'm using a chammy to dry my car. Can anyone shed some light here as to the differences in terms of product advanteges and disadvantages?

Saw the video and it seems both are suppose to perform well in "sucking" in all the water. So I'm still wondering which is better... Please help

Thanks in advance guys!

Well, I cant speak for the differences, but I can say I love the Water Magnet, and have several. I would say just buy one and try it, you wont go wrong.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have both.... The SS Drying Towel compares more to a Chamois. It works great on windows/vinyl bed covers/plastic trim pieces but it seems to leave some streaks on the paint. Wring it out often for best results.

I prefer the Water Magnet, it seems to leave more of a streak free finish and you don't have to wring it out very often if ever. One tip is to run your hose with out the nozzle to sheet the water before drying.

Both are great products, just depends what type of drying towels one prefers.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks Murr1525 & gb387 for the quick replies!
        Think I'll go get the Water Magnet tomorrow!

Btw Murr1525, took you recommendation on the Color X & NXT combo... And I'm speechless!!!!

Fabulous on my black car!

Comment

Sounds good.

Glad you liked the combo, certainly seems like a winner. I forget your whole process, but you have tried claying as well? Clay+ColorX+Nxt is definately something ot think about for daily drivers.

Comment

Murr1525,

Clayed it once before (a month ago) and I don't think I'll be claying it anytime soon. (paint work is still smooth)

Now I just use Color X & NXT on a monthly basis. For washes, I try to wash every 2 days - with NXT Wash of course.

Will try a another combo this weekend - NXT then top off with Hi-Tech Yellow Wax. Hope to post up some pics after that.

Cheers!

Comment

Yeah, I seem to clay every 3 months or so, but i am stuck with trees, exhust stacks, etc.

Sounds like a good combo. My car is a little lighter, but #26 might really stand out on your black car.
              Last edited by Murr1525; Oct 24, 2005, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');