• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#83 on '03 Black Silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #83 on '03 Black Silverado

One of my current projects is a '03 Black Silverado. The thing has scratches all over it. We gave it a good wash with NXT Soap. Then clayed using the mild stuff from the Pro-Line. Yesterday we got started with #80. I knew this would not do a whole lot but figured I would be better able to evaluate what was needed once this was done and some of the minor swirls were outta the way.

The #80 has done a decent job of getting the minor stuff outta the way but, unfortunately, the owner was in the habit of using any old scrub brush on this thing. He has hosed it up pretty well. If I had more experience I would go further with it but this is my Mother's Boyfreinds truck and he does not expect miracles so I don't want to get too carried away on it. I just wish to use it to gain experience with the #83 at this point.

I don't have any pics and am considering jumping up to #83 next. This will be my first time using the product. Will be using the DA with a 8006 Pad.

Anyway, my question is; once I use #83 is it advisable for me to go back over it with #80 or should I drop down to #82 or #09?

I am going to stop at #83 as I don't want to go with anything more aggressive at this stage in my learning process. But I don't have any issues with going with a polish with less abrasiveness after the #83.

Editing here: BTW, I told him before we even got started that He was going to help every step of the way. I have taught him how to properly wash the truck. I threatened bodily harm to his posterior if I saw him heading toward his truck with another scrub brush, or dirty towel. I showed him the difference between his methods and mine. The words "I DIDN'T KNOW" came up quite a bit. I am working on him.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Re: #83 on '03 Black Silverado

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
    Anyway, my question is; once I use #83 is it advisable for me to go back over it with #80

yes, your right on the money.....imo
    Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');