• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Products for old metallic paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products for old metallic paint

Hello !

I have never used meguiars products before, I have a mercedes-benz from 1988 with light green metallic paint.
    The paint has a lot of small swirlmark (after washing).

Iám after a few good products for this car. can you recommend a good wax, good cleaner etc(a good basestock, for shining old dull metallicpaint) . To get the paintwork in a better condition.

Idont use machine , only by hand !

Best Regards Alex

Best Regards: Alexander M

gold class

Hi again !

Does the GOLD CLASS liquid wax clean and protect/wax , like a waxpolish. All at the same time.

/alex

Best Regards: Alexander M

Comment

Welcome to the forum

After washing with a good quality car wash, the best thing to start with is Claying you car. Meguiars Quick Clay is best, though can be hard to find. Clay Magic is another good company.

The best product to remove swirls would be ScratchX. Working by hand on a whole car is hard, but the results will be good. Be sure to read the ScratchX article in the How-To section.

After cleaning with ScratchX, you should follow with a polish like DC#2, or #7 Show Car Glaze.

I would probably pick Nxt Tech Wax for metallic colors, but Gold Class looks very good also.

Gold Class has some polishing oils, but is primarily just a wax.

If you want a good all-in-one product, ColorX is fantastic. It can remove some light swirls if worked in well, and also polishes and waxes the surface. You can do a search in the Forum for ColorX makeovers. ColorX topped with Nxt is a personal favorite for daily drivers.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');