• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#7 Show Car Glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #7 Show Car Glaze

I've had a bottle of #7 Show Car Glaze for a little over a year and it's always been a little runny, almost watery. It kind of bothers me because every other polish/wax that I have ever used was a lot thicker. So I went by Pep Boys and checked out the bottles on their shelf and shook them, they sounded like a bottle of water being shaken.

Is #7 supposed to be fluid or is it supposed to be thick?

- Chris

Its quite fluid.
    Rangerpowersports.com
    Ranger72

Comment

Re: #7 Show Car Glaze

Originally posted by RockCrushin150
      Is #7 supposed to be fluid or is it supposed to be thick?

- Chris
      Mine is somewhat runny and green looking, but it's not watery at all......but not thick as NXT, or #26.

Is it separated before shaking it up?
      r. b.

Comment

#7 is "watery" because it is a glaze, and it is just oils. The thicker feeling polishes are usually thicker because they contain diminishing abrasives that need more space and lubrication than just a straight glaze. So i wouldn't worry about it being runny. Mine is runny too!

Now, go get polishing!!! hehe.

--stevo
        WARNING! Eye protection must be worn when looking at my car in direct sunlight. Can cause temporary blindness.

Comment

Mine is somewhat runny and green looking, but it's not watery at all......but not thick as NXT, or #26.
          Mine has always appeared to be a sort of darker brown not a green color but is runny as well???
          Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
          2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

The color of #7 can vary from a khaki brown to a greenish color so this is not unusual. As far as consistency, #7 Show Car Glaze is thin in its consistency, but not watery.

Shake the product up well and apply some to the finish. As long as it has a uniform look and consistency, it's probably okay. If you're in doubt, then call Customer Care.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I think saying that it was 'watery' was not the right way of describing, it's not it's just extremely fluid.

Alright, back to polishing

- Chris

Comment

Mine is the same way, pretty watery and a khakish color. Gotta say it works like a charm though, love that #7 topped w/ two coats of NXT. Does anyone prefer the look for #7 topped with two coats of #26 compared to NXT? I have both waxes and was wondering what the general consensus was. Thanks in advance.

Nick

Comment

lol i bought #7 almost a year ago and i havent even open it. what paint would #7 work best on??? i heard it works good on single layer paint or something like that.
                  j0hn

Comment

i kind of like
                    -dc 1
                    -gold class liquid
                    rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

The bottom line is that #7 look WONDERFUL on every kind of paint that's out there. I think it was originally made for single stage paints, but they've adapted it to work with BC/CC paints now. just try it, you'll be blown away.

--stevo
                      WARNING! Eye protection must be worn when looking at my car in direct sunlight. Can cause temporary blindness.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');