• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing Quick Detail Pads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing Quick Detail Pads.

I have very good luck when washing my Quick Detail Pads, and all of my other applicators, towels and MFs. But I am noticing something with my QD pads worth commenting on.

I notice the sponge, inside the pad tends to roll inside the fabric covering. Once this spong rolls, it is next to impossible to get it flipped back around to it's original position. Once it does this the whole pad becomes very flimsy.

Has anyone come up with a workaround for this? I wonder if putting a rubber band around it in the washing machine and/or dryer would help? might be worth a try.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

If you are talking about the foam applicator pads I hand wash mine and let them air dry. I have washed them several times and they still look like new. Maybe you are getting them to hot in the dryer.
    Black Bart

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
      If you are talking about the foam applicator pads I hand wash mine and let them air dry. I have washed them several times and they still look like new. Maybe you are getting them to hot in the dryer.
      No Sir,
      I am referring to the Microfiber Quick Detail Pads:

Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

I have only washed my quick detail pad twice, but I have not noticed this happening. I don't dry it in the dryer though, I let it air dry overnight. The movement of the sponge inside is probably happening in the dryer. Try air drying instead and see if you notice any difference.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');