• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Light Scratches In Chrome Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Light Scratches In Chrome Shell

How's it going? First post here. Big fan and long time user of Meguiars products and just found that they have their own forums. Excellent. I don't know where they've come from but I noticed some minor scratches on the shell that goes around my grill. Which products would be safe to use? ColorX? PlasticX? ScratchX? Etc? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Re: Removing Light Scratches In Chrome Shell

Originally posted by SeannyBoy84
    How's it going? First post here. Big fan and long time user of Meguiar's products and just found that they have their own forums. Excellent. I don't know where they've come from but I noticed some minor scratches on the shell that goes around my grill. Which products would be safe to use? ColorX? Plastix? ScratchX? Etc? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hi SeannyBo84,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

When it comes to removing scratches out of chrome you pretty much can't do it and that's because chrome doesn't lend itself to abrading very well. The layer of chrome that makes it what it is, is very thin.

Read this article and I think you'll understand.

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

By the way the above article is in the Hot Topics here,

Which is in the category of the Information Station here,

Lots of good reading in the forums contained in the Information Station. If you we're to read all of the articles/thread you would probably know as much or more than most detailers, and definitely you would have an excellent grasp of the commonly talked about topics on Internet Discussion Forums.

I'm actually headed out the door to teach a Detailing Class for Autopia today, so I won't be around to answer a lot of questions in a few minutes...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I see. Well I was looking at the shell a little bit closer and saw that it is actually painted or plated chrome. I believe it's actually plastic. The chrome in my front bumper is metal, but not the shell. Does this change anything at all? I just wanted to lighten the minor scratches a little if possible.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');