• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper "cloth" Applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper "cloth" Applications

Ok, I may not have seen it on here yet and if it is out there will somebody guide me? I was wondering if one of you pro's out there might be able to give me a nice reference chart to refer to when it comes to what specific "cloth" item you are suppose to use for detailing your vehicle. For example, what jobs would you use a microfiber for; what jobs would you use a terry cloth for, etc. It would just be great to have something to refer to when I am not sure what the right cloth would be to use for a specific job. Sort of like the reference charts that Mike put out on what speeds to use on your DA for the specific products. Something along those lines. Thanks much!!

Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
    2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Honestly, I use microfiber for pretty much everything. There are different "types" of MF for different jobs like glass, paint, drying, etc.... I even use the really cheap yellow ones from Sam's for degreasing engines and whatnot. The Sam's blue (hometex) ones are my primary MF because they're not that expensive, but are very, very good towels. I really can't tell much difference betwen them and the ultimate wipe, or towels like pakshak, etc.

Just using MF for everything is the safest route to go; you'll be sure not to scratch stuff as long as you know to get fresh towels often.

Comment

For paint work, you can use a combination of terry cloth towels and microfibers, depends on what you're trying to wipe off and what stage of the process you're at. As you work towards your LSP you should always be using your best microfiber to reduce the risk of instilling any scratches back into the finish.

Try to divide your work towels and microfibers into two piles, the good towels/microfibers and the tatty towels/microfibers. Keep a selection of tatty towels around for thing like wiping excess dressing off of tires.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');