• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claying & Waxing metal chrome bumper good/okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claying & Waxing metal chrome bumper good/okay?

Sometimes I get bugs stuck to the chrome bumper of my truck and it's made of some kind of metal..steel I think. Would it be okay to clay and wax it? Stupid question just had to ask...sorry guys bare with me.

Edit: the chrome bumper with the fog lights is what I'm reffering to.

It is definately ok to clay and wax it.

I am not familiar with what sort of metal it is, how solid, etc.. but if it is polished steel or aluminum, then Nxt Metal Polish is also an option.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If nothing else, always test your products first in an inconspicuous area...

If' it's polished or coated metal then NXT All Metal Polysh, if it's painted then treat like car paint.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

It's polished metal. It's not painted on. I found this out a while ago when I came to my truck in the parking lot after work and found someone decided to do a hit and run. So I decided to take it to the dealership to fix the bumper and upper panel but left the chrome bumper as is because it wasn't bent/dented, just scratched. It's definately not painted on chrome. But will the all metal polish protect it. like wax does? so bugs and crud can be washed off easily?

I noticed it had MDAT in it. The NXT all metal polish. Will that remove/polish away the scratches in metal? Or should I use scratch X even tho it's not paint? I never got to trying to get the scratches out because you can hardly see them so I'd forget. thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');