• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the same type of tool as the PC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the same type of tool as the PC??

Hi guys,

just wondering if the following polisher from makita is similar to the PC.

I Live in Australia and do not have access to a PC.

here is the link;

Should i purchase? Is it the next best thing to the PC?

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Here is a link which talks about that exact model: -

Also I'm sure there is someone on here uses one of these he's from Singapore or Kuala Lupar I think

Bryan

PS if you do a search, just type in the word Makita and check the "search titles only" button there is a lot of info there.

Comment

The speed and size are different than the PC dual action polisher. Also, the head size of this sander is not compatible with a backing plate that would allow you to use the foam pads for the PC, I'd be surprised if you could find foam pads for this type of tool.

Comment

I have a GMC with 125mm head and use the w8006 foam pads (6.5" I think) with no issues.
        Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

It definitely has more power in the dual action mode than the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher, that can be a good thing or a bad thing depending upon your skill level.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Matt,

Almost every tool manufacturer has a dual action sander in their program.
            Do some research and you will find numerous products, similar to the PC discussed here so often.

Examples:

DeWalt DW443
            Flex X1107VE
            Fein MSf 636-1
            Fein MOL 1200E
            Hitachi SAY150A
            Festool WTS150/7

etc., etc.

or alternatively, you can choose from the twin mode (DA/RO) models, such as

Bosch GEX150 Turbo
            Kress 900MPS
            Festool ROTEX RO150E

...etc.

...there are soo many alternatives!!!

Comment

Good morning all,

I think I'm correct in saying that the "throw" on some orbital machines is so small it is almost the same as using a rotary, you therefore run the risk of installing the same damage that a novice might get when using a rotary.

Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Blr123
                Good morning all,

I think I'm correct in saying that the "throw" on some orbital machines is so small it is almost the same as using a rotary, you therefore run the risk of installing the same damage that a novice might get when using a rotary.

Bryan
                I think the less throw, the less action. It's the fact that the pad can spin freely about it's center that makes it less dangerous then a rotary.
                1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
                  I think the less throw, the less action. It's the fact that the pad can spin freely about it's center that makes it less dangerous then a rotary.
                  Aurora,
                  It is only partly true. You must set your arm speed according to the throw. For example, the Flex 1107 has one of the biggest throws with 8.8 mm. Does much more work than a 4 mm, but the latter gives a nicer, finer finish. I have a Bosch DA, which has only 4 mm pad throw, but breaks down even the coarser polishes to LSP-ready levels - thanks to its 24.000 OPM...

Blr,
                  The pad will do its usual DA motion while rotating, but there is no danger, because the RPMs are rather low. Most twin mode machines top out at 700 RPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bence
                    [B]Aurora,
                    It is only partly true. You must set your arm speed according to the throw. /B]
                    Yes, good point. I meant all things being equal, but of course they aren't always.
                    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');