• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

orbital buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orbital buffer

i have never used anything but hands to appl polish wax etc . but my budget is low and the 89 for the orbital sounds good how hard is it to learn how to use i dont want to just jump on and make swirls or trails
    "A musclecar, by definition, is a powerful and sporty vehicle that must be able to spin its tires at will. The Firebird Trans Am is capable of laying down twin black streaks of rubber several hundred feet long. We wanted to be sure it could, so we did it a half dozen times in the name of automotive science." - Motor Trend

If you are talking about the G-100A, it is almost idiot proof if you just follow the directions. THe machine itself is highly unlikely to cause you any grief. Most folks have more trouble with when, where, and how the use it. Whether it be in direct sunlight, high humidity. Or have possibly not wshed properly or have let contaminates blow on their working surface. But the machine itself is not the problem. I loved mine so much I bought another last week and just had to have it so bad that I paid $60.00 extra to have it overnighted. Trust me, if it were not the greatest thing I would not have done so.

I just took a week off and hit a brand new white Honda Ridgeline with 7 different polishes and 2 different waxes. This was my first major effort withit and I don't think I caused myself any problems.

Mastering the G-100A is the easy part. Application technics change from product to product but a quick look see through the forum or a post will put that behind you.

Alot of folks seem to associate the G-100A with a Rotary. 2 totally different animals. The rotary is the one you have to be careful with.

If you are considering the DA, I advise you getting the Meguiar's pads & bonnets to go along with it. At least that way when you have questions, you can note what pad you are using and the great folks in this forum will be better able to offer you better informed advice.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Re: orbital buffer

Originally posted by WhiteCamaro88
      i have never used anything but hands to appl polish wax etc . but my budget is low and the 89 for the orbital sounds good how hard is it to learn how to use i dont want to just jump on and make swirls or trails
      What kind of orbital are you talking about?

Is it like this?

r. b.

Comment

Re: Re: orbital buffer

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
        What kind of orbital are you talking about?

Is it like this?

I did not catch the $89 part until I reead your post. I think he is talking about the G-104 cordless for $89.95.

If that is the case, I will say that I have the G-104 as well. I must be honest and say I don't care for it. 2 batteries will not last me for applying and removing wax. 2 batteries did not last me for applying the wax either. But I am slow when detailing so someone with better experience might be able to get more out of it.

If you are seriously looking at an orbital. I would recommend the G-100A
        Jeff Smith

Comment

The cordless model doesn't have the power or ability to remove below surface defects. You will be more effective using ScratchX by hand.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            The cordless model doesn't have the power or ability to remove below surface defects. You will be more effective using ScratchX by hand.
            I hope to try using the cordless for a dedicated wax application here in a few days. I have hope I can complete at least the application with 2 batteries.

I do alot of my detailing at night and sometimes go to the local car wash and get under one of their bay roofs to knock out some stuff and escape the dew. I was hoping this would be a good tool to take along.

Mike,
            I might call Meg's soon and ask about pricing for extra batteries. I am one of those folks that has to have more than I need of everything.
            Jeff Smith

Comment

I received last week my cordless buffer from Meguiars Germany. I knew that its only suitable to use it with wax, paint cleaner and polishes. I added 1 additional polishing pad (now i have 8006 + 9006... I believe). On the weekend it was raining, but I wanted to try out the buffer, so I cleaned my hood and used the buffer with DC paint cleaner, polish and nxt wax. Its really easy to use, I think I only must learn more about the amount of the products and how quickly I have to polish the cleaner and polish out. (I used the terry towel)

The result was great - same thing like by hand but even easier and faster. Hope I can detail my car completely on the weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');