• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with HD Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with HD Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner...

I followed the instructions on the bottle, but I'm left with some spots on the interior and seats now. The spots look like big wet spots on the seats, but the cleaner has obviously long since tried. Why am I still left with these spots?
    '99 Trans Am
    '99 Grand Prix GTP

What type of material was the product sprayed on? Cloth, leather and what color? Was there any spotting on the seats prior to the use? You might try spraying a nice even patern of product over the entire panel again and wipe immediatly with a damp towel.

Let me know what happens?

Regards,

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MacDonald
      What type of material was the product sprayed on? Cloth, leather and what color? Was there any spotting on the seats prior to the use? You might try spraying a nice even patern of product over the entire panel again and wipe immediatly with a damp towel.

Let me know what happens?

Regards,

Tom
      Cloth.
      Gray and also black.
      No spotting before use.

I tried that and spots are still there.
      '99 Trans Am
      '99 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Take a spray bottle with warm water in it. Spray the entire panel with the spots. Agitate with a brush and towel or vaccum the excess moisture out. If it is spots from the product. This will correct it. The cause would be from maybe excess product being sprayed or dripping in those areas. By using the water it will dilute down and blend that concentrated area of product. Cleaning after will lift out and remove.

Regards,
        ~Tom

Comment

Had the same problem, but thanks to the above advice got it looking a lot better!!!

BUT - there is still light staining marks that weren't there before. Would diluting it with some warm water and re-doing it be worth it?

Comment

BUT - there is still light staining marks that weren't there before. Would diluting it with some warm water and re-doing it be worth it?

You could try this. Wet the entire panel where the color issue is happening with warm water, lightly work it into the area. The spray a light amount of H/D Carpet on the same panel. Gently work it in with a brush and extract any excess.

This should help.

~Tom

Comment

Re: Problem with HD Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner...

What kind of vehicles is everyone referring to? Ford has some especially nasty fabric out now. Chevy Equinoxes and Pontiac Azteks are almost as bad, as well as some from Jeep. There is no such thing as spot cleaning without leaving rings or lines.
              Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');