• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furniture and Piano Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furniture and Piano Care

Are the Meguiars-Henredon furniture care products, the Meguiars-Fender Piano (and I guess guitar) Care Products, and the Meguiars products mentioned by Lynn Phillips:

F-0216 Furniture Polish & Conditioner
    F-0516 Natural Finish Furniture Preserver
    F-0716 Lemon Oil

in any way related, or are they all different things? I guess they seem a little interchangable, but not sure if there are actualy certain applications for each, or if they are the same product packaged for different companies?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

I don't think there even close in formulas, completely different in fact. Anytime Meguiar's manufactures a line of products for another company, we work with the company and create a unique formula according to their specifications. Are some similar? Of course, but the point is that our chemists work with these other companies to create a product that is specific to what they want for their products and their customers.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I guess I was wondering if there are any specific reasons to use one of the product line for furniture and other wood care, since there arent any good writeups on them really. All seem to be for laquered wood.

Maybe I'll have to do a little mixing and matching. Seems like the piano line has some quick detail trype products, as opposd to the heavier cleaning maybe in the other lines.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

when it comes to working on furniture or any kind of wood you first need to evaluate the piece you're working on and determine if it's finished, or unfinished, this will help you to determine what products to use. The other option is to use the product the manufacture recommends as in the case of our co-label products as a manufacture knows their products best.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

For black lacquer-finished pianos, I've always been fond of #5 followed by gold class or NXT... I've prepped more than one stage piano with that method over the years while performing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
            I've prepped more than one stage piano with that method over the years while performing.
            Okay, do I have to do this?

Let's see a picture of you at the Piano on stage! Come on...
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

We all know that Meguiar's does not promote the use of thier automotive products on furniture. I have been using Gold Class wax on my desk for some time now. It works very well. On the other hand, I have wooden floors in my house. What product would give shine and protection to varnished wooden floors? I don't care much if they are slippery.

Comment

For black lacquer-finished pianos, I've always been fond of #5....
                Glad to hear that, thanks for posting it. I really like #5 anyhow and someday I gotta do Accumulatorette's Grotrian Steinweg.
                Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Okay, do I have to do this?

Let's see a picture of you at the Piano on stage! Come on...
                  Actually, I don't play piano (anymore) -- I haven't for 6-7 years. I did play for 8 years or so before that though.

I play saxophone(s), but I usually end up being the one helping with stage set-up and prep -- which includes fixing up the pianos and whatnot.

That pic is a few years old (from my senior H.S. pictures) but it gets the point across

Comment

I tried the F-0216 Furniture Polish and Conditioner on my beat up coffee table, and didn't like it at all. I went back to A-12 Cleaner Wax with much better results.

Comment

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy
                      I tried the F-0216 Furniture Polish and Conditioner on my beat up coffee table, and didn't like it at all. I went back to A-12 Cleaner Wax with much better results.
                      Interesting?

My wife Lynn absolutely loves both of these products on our dining room table, I almost took a picture of it after she cleaned and polished it one day but didn't, next time I will as it really makes the table look beautiful.
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

That pic is a few years old (from my senior H.S. pictures) but it gets the point across

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I play saxophone(s), but I usually end up being the one helping with stage set-up and prep -- which includes fixing up the pianos and whatnot.

I play trombone. Years ago, I played with a saxophonist who required an "attitude adjustment." During a performance, the trombone section occassionally tossed a used key pad on the floor next to the tenor player.

You should have seen him try a figure out where it came from!

Comment

Originally posted by STG
                            I play trombone. Years ago, I played with a saxophonist who required an "attitude adjustment." During a performance, the trombone section occassionally tossed a used key pad on the floor next to the tenor player.

You should have seen him try a figure out where it came from!
                            good one! One of the guys in a band I played with kept "accidentally" hitting our bari player in the head with his slide in a similar situation.

I wish they'd done that to the lead alto player who always came to rehearsals/gigs drunk

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');