• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long should cleaner wax last ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long should cleaner wax last ?

I was wondering how long cleaner wax should last before having to do another application? I notice that within 2 to 3 weeks water is starting to sheet off my paint again and not bead . I was wondering if this is normal? I am using the professional line #6

You probably did not do a full prep. However, the clearner wax also cleans your paint too. It is ment as a multiuse product.

I highly recomend you think of trying another wax too. For example, try Nxt Tech Wax.

Finally, get a wax like Quik Wax and use it each time you wash to apply all the time with washes...

Comment

Well, I havent used the professional cleaner, though ColorX which I have used certainly will last longer than 2 weeks, under normal conditions.

One important thing to note is that water beading and protection are not related. ( and might be opposites). To determine your wax protection, try the Squeajk test with a terry towel. Turn it on the surface, and see if it squeaks. If it does, no wax.

If you want to keep up the look of your wax, a spray wax is a quick way to restore the look and a litle protection.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

How long any wax depends on,

A) How well the surface was prepared to accept the wax.
        (Simply put, wax will not adhere or bond to dirty paint)

B) How you treat the car after the wax has been applied. By this I mean, what kind of environment is the car exposed to? Store in a heated garage with a car cover? Or driven in Oregon rain and run through a touch-less car wash once a week?

It's really hard to quantify normal conditions, therefore it's really hard to give a blanket answer to a question like,

How long does a wax last?
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I think all Meguiar's products have a shelf-life of 3 to 5 years typically. Just be sure to "SHAKE WELL" as indicated on the instructions.

Satisfied with my answer?

Actually, nobody can say. It depends on the enviroment, weather, temperature, how many coats, color of car, method of application, and prep work before the wax.

Over all, it should last several weeks maybe up to 2 months; however, you definatly will need to re-wax in 90 days, but probably sould do so in half that time.

If water stops beading, re-wax. If Quik Detailer, Speed Detailer... do not wipe off as easily, it is time to re-wax. If the surface looses its slick feeling, it is time...

It is a matter of judgement really, and you need to make that decision.

The minimum is 3-4 times a year with 3 times not being enough.

6 Times a year will definatly make a big improvement over no wax.

9 If you want extra protection.

12 You are definatly car crazey.

>12, you like applying second coats and are just doing overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
            One important thing to note is that water beading and protection are not related. ( and might be opposites).
            Why?

Alex
            Mandarina Racing

Comment

I was doing my car with the consumer cleaner/wax (A12 I think) every month. Easier to remember as well.
              Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by MandarinaRacing
                Why?

Alex
                Some of the best polymer available for use in paint protection formulas don't create surface tension and thus don't bead water very well.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');