• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water in headlight? No visible holes or cracks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it's time to wash the Pilot, detail it to the nines, place the Do not wash sign in the front window and shop around for a grease pencil to write the same on the window glass and then take it in to the dealership.

Thanks everyone for all your input...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Looks like it's time to wash the Pilot, detail it to the nines, place the Do not wash sign in the front window and shop around for a grease pencil to write the same on the window glass and then take it in to the dealership.

Thanks everyone for all your input...

I know your a busy guy Mike. I suggest taking the vehicle in and waiting for it and make sure they don't do anything wrong. The dealership I go to makes a scheduled appointment and when I get there, I let them know I am going to wait for it. That way, once the car is in the bay, I walk up and talk to whom ever is assigned the task of fixing it. Then I leave him with instructions including; Not to Wash It. I just don't trust them if I leave them alone. Everyone at the dealership seem to have communication gaps amongst each other. I think it is part of their operation somehow. Good Luck.
      Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

Had the same problem with my 2000 GTP. I also could not figure out what the problem was. It was driving me nuts for about six months. So I removed the headlight from the car and got all of the condinsation out from it. Before I reinstalled the headlight I took some vasaline and smeared it around the o-ring for the bulb and for the vent screw. Just make sure the o-ring is lubricated well enough that it will not bind when you reinstall the bulb. Also make sure you don't get any on the bulb. Once all this is done reinstall everything. To me it is worth the time to try this before you take it in. It maybe took me 30 minutes to do all of this. If your dealer is anything like the one I go to it could take them all day to fix the problem.

By the way did this 6 months ago and the condinsation has not returned.
        2000 Grand Prix GTP
        2007 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Take it the dealer and DON'T mess around with the light housing before you do. Whenever you attempt a repair on something that is under warranty, you can expect for them NOT to honor that warranty.

Mike, make sure that grease pencil is red!
          Quadruple Honda Owner
          Black cars are easy!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');