• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My paint Shines, but how can i make it clear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My paint Shines, but how can i make it clear?

I have a '97 mustang lazer red. It shines really really well, but it's not a very clear reflections. I mean yea it's clear but it's not clear Ive seen pics on the internet, before and after pics of reflections and theirs are so amazingly clear, yet mine lacks the clearness. I mean it reflects GREAT but the reflections are... blotchy, anyopinions? I can take a few pics if you want also

Some pictures would help if they're taken at the right light at the right angle. Don't try to upload anythingover 700 pixels wide.

Check out this thread for a tutorial on how to crop and resize pictures.

How-to Crop and Resize your photos before uploading them to your gallery

Also, did you clay your finish first and then use a paint cleaner before applying the NXT?

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

ok ill take some pictures, and yes, i did. Heres what i did, i washed the car, clayed it, used scratch X, then clayed it again then i used color X, and then i waxed it twice with NXT. Ill have those pics up in a minute

Comment

With all of that prep-works, your finish should be crystal clear!

If it's not, then it's time for a PC to the rescue.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Heres One Hopefully it works

Comment

THat you can't really tell, but if you look at a portion of the unresized picture....
            Attached Files

Comment

Now that i figured out how to upload.....

In the first one you can't really tell beacause i reduced the size.

But if you look at the 2nd one you will see what im talking about.

The third one, the car has a good shine but it's just the clarity of the paint that im looking for. The paint feels so smooth it's not even funny, i dunno what else i can do ( if anything ) to clear it up more

Comment

wow i wish i could edit my posts so i wouldn't have to make so many, the 2nd pic doesn't show it that well, but if you click the 22 link up there and it shows full size you will see what i mean

Comment

I see it also,
                  It looks like its out of focus between the clear coat and paint.
                  (loud click) Attention please Paging Mike Phillips.

Can someone please run out side the Detail Clinic and get the polisher out of his hands...rotflmao

you car look awesome. I think this is Mikes forte.
                  Rich
                  If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                  DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

One of the pictures looks like it has some Orange Peel in it. If that's the case it may take a rotary to level the paint. I'm interested to see what Mike has to say about it.
                    *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

Originally posted by GearHead_1
                      One of the pictures looks like it has some Orange Peel in it. If that's the case it may take a rotary to level the paint. I'm interested to see what Mike has to say about it.
                      That's what I thought too. I'd also like to see what DACP, #7 and #26 would look like.
                      Jim
                      My Gallery

Comment

Agreed to the "stock" orange peel. One nice thing about the peel is it does add depth.. I've got the same fine Ford paint job.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
                          Agreed to the "stock" orange peel. One nice thing about the peel is it does add depth.. I've got the same fine Ford paint job.
                          Me too! Fortunately mine is white.
                          *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx131
                            wow i wish i could edit my posts so i wouldn't have to make so many, the 2nd pic doesn't show it that well, but if you click the 22 link up there and it shows full size you will see what i mean
                            Hi Lynx131

You should be able to edit your own posts, if you can't something is wrong and I'll take a look at it.

Above, I clicked on your attached image, saved it to my hard drive and then uploaded it into your Gallery space, and then deleted your attachment.

But it looks like you have the hang of it.

I'm not sure what to say about the finish. Clarity comes from having a clear coat finish that is free from scratches, swirls, and imbedded dirt like road stain, as well as oxidation.

If you have done the proper prep work and addressed all of the above, it could be your finish is as clear and reflective as is possible. That's why sometimes when I write, I couch my words by referring to taking a car's finish to its maximum potential which is relative to each car.

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I think the color of your finish is one of the more difficult colors to keep up...Red paint tends to fade quicker than any other color I have ever seen.

In the past, I have went over the finish of my own cars many times with a dedicated paint cleaner by hand, but I never could seem to get the clarity I was after, until I started using an orbital, and finally a PC.

I think you have done your best by hand, so now it's time to step up to a PC and see if it will make a difference...Just my 2 cents worth.
                              r. b.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');