• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bumpers and plastic trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumpers and plastic trim

My car has bumper covers which have the same color as the the car`s body.
    Can I safely polish, galze and wax the bumper covers, mirror housings, vinyl tirm and the metallic "chrome" trim?
    My preferences is #26 paste and I am not averse to a little work.
    Thanks
    Bergland

Re: bumpers and plastic trim

Originally posted by Bergland
    My car has bumper covers which have the same color as the the car`s body.
    Can I safely polish, glaze and wax the bumper covers, mirror housings, vinyl trim and the metallic "chrome" trim?
    My preferences is #26 paste and I am not averse to a little work.
    Thanks
    Bergland
    Hi Bergland,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Sorry for the delay in answering you, I was more or less off for the day although when I'm off I'm always on... I was actually out in the garage walking the talk

Anyway, if these panels you're talking about are painted, for example they are painted and match your car's body, then yes by all means treat them like paint, that is wash, clay, clean, polish and wax.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Can I take this a step further? I have a 99 Miata that I bought used. It is in good shape but has quite a few rock chips and some deep scratches on the bumper, which is made of black plastic. I would like some tips on restoring the bumper without having to repaint the bumper. Will sanding and polishing work like it would on the rest of the body?

Comment

IS the Miata's bumper painted or plastic.

I just bought a bottle of this and it works great on plastics/window trim, etc.

Matt

Comment

If your trim or bumpers are plastic or vinyl I use Meguiars Natural Shine with great result's!!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');