• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquid or Paste Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid or Paste Wax?

Just thought i would take a little poll here and see what everyone likes best and why. When it comes to wax do you like to use the paste products or the liquid products??

I myself have used both and have grown very fond of the liquid waxes because of their ease of use and being able to get a decent amount on your applicator with little effort. Now if there is an advandtage on using one over the other it would be nice to hear so because that might persuade me to change...LOL

Trent
    Liquid
    66.53%
    Paste
    33.47%
    Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
    2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

i prefer paste wax over liquid. you can control how much you use, and it seems to last longer.

Comment

Originally posted by rcknit
      i prefer paste wax over liquid. you can control how much you use, and it seems to last longer.

I have a new found liking for Paste Wax!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

paste for hand application.... liquid for w/ PC

Comment

paste hands down. Paste is easier to control and lasts much longer than a paste. You can still use paste with a buffer. Some jars allow you to just pop the wax out, rub a little on the pad and your good to go, other than cannot be removed a butter knife can come in handy.

Greg
          Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by gregcavi
            paste hands down. Paste is easier to control and lasts much longer than a paste. You can still use paste with a buffer. Some jars allow you to just pop the wax out, rub a little on the pad and your good to go, other than cannot be removed a butter knife can come in handy.

Greg
            I agree. Scottwax uses NXT Paste with the G100. His pictures and Tim's, made me a believer. I am a huge fan of NXT Paste. It has a deeper shine and lasts longer than the liquid. The liquid is good but the paste is better.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I prefer liquid by a long shot. For me, it's easier to control and easier to get a super thin coat. And I don't like accidentally transferring contaminants into the wax can with a dirty pad. And it takes less elbow grease, my elbows are just about out of grease.

I have noticed no differences in appearance nor in durability. The end results for me are the same.

OK, the poll says 4 and 4 right now, but there are FIVE responses preferring paste, and TWO preferring liquid. So, one paste guy didn't vote, and two liquid guys didn't give a reason?

Tom
              As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

I haven't tried Nxt Paste, but I have used other paste waxes.

I have used Nxt Liquid and other Liquid waxes too.

I prefer liquid, and my favorite liquid is Nxt.

Comment

Liquid just because its what I use. Will try paste when my two bottles of gold class run out.
                  Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                  Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I like liquid better

Comment

I detail for a living and we use a liquid, #21.

I did just buy a can of gold class paste wax to do up my "babies" with though.
                      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I have been using pastes up until recently. My DA came a couple of weeks ago and I have been using liquid for that. I still use the paste to get into the tight spaces though.

I do not like applying liquids by hand. Some of the waxes when first applied are kind of syrupy and are hard to smooth out. Work fine once you get it smoothed out but the Pastes are easy from start to stop.
                        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Whether I use a paste or liquid really depends on two things: Time and Size of vehicle.

For SUV's, some larger cars and Trucks, nothing is quicker than a liquid via PC and finishing pad. Although, on my SUV, I'll often use a paste if time allows.

For medium to small cars, I will use a PC and liquid wax only if I'm under a time constraint. If I'm not, I'll use a paste, especially on show cars.
                          Last edited by RCBuddha; Dec 28, 2005, 01:33 PM.
                          Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

The one thing I see that liquid has over paste IMHO is that the liquid does not seem to be as difficult to remove from cracks and crevices..not sure if you know what I mean but for me, liquid just goes on easier and wipes off easier...I use the G-100 for both application and removal....
                            Bill Poirier
                            West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

I have been using liquid by hand for years and loving the results. (or so I thought)

However since I’ve been using a PC for the past 8 months, I now can wax and shine two cars in the time I previously spent on one, with a better shine than I ever got by hand.

Liquid and a PC is for me!!
                              Wayne

If it was easy, anyone could do it!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');