• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Color X as a after wax polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color X as a after wax polish

Hey, today i plan on polishing my car with a orbital buffer, and i was just wondering if color x can be used over my NXT wax coat, or will it remove it? I was thinking of using the show car glaze i have around, but i was just curious if the color x can be used as a polish or not?

colorx is a polish and a wax all in one. I would use the colorx and then top with the NXT. I have used both, but have not applied them on top of each other. I have heard some people are having good results using the colorx then the NXT over it.

Comment

thats what i have on there right now. I color-Xed and then put NXT over it. But i was just curious if like now i could use the color X instead of say the show car glaze, to see the results, and the fact the the color x comes off like a breeze and the glaze is alot of work getting off

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx131
        thats what i have on there right now. I color-Xed and then put NXT over it. But i was just curious if like now i could use the color X instead of say the show car glaze, to see the results, and the fact the the color x comes off like a breeze and the glaze is alot of work getting off
        ColorX is strong enough to remove any wax IMO...I think it would be OK to use it instead of #7...and then you could top it with NXT.
        r. b.

Comment

Hey,

Meguiar's ColorX is fairly aggressive and would remove the NXT Tech Wax. Therefore, as the others have said, you could use the ColorX first followed by 2 coats of the NXT.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I finally got a chance to use ColorX this past weekend on my 1975 Ferrari 308 GT4. The car had NXT applied to it a while ago.

With 2 kids, time is at a real premium for me. I kept saying one of these days, I was going to find time to go over the car with #83 DACP, then apply NXT over it. But, I never could get the time to do a proper job. My paint is not in the best condition anyway, so even if I did take the time, there would still be flaws in the paint that I would not be able to get out (they will only come out with a repaint...).

That's where ColorX is so great. I applied it with a PC, and it helped darken the paint, got rid of some minor swirls, and also provided a layer of protection. Didn't take long to apply, and it is basically a one-step product.

If you are pushed for time, this is a great all in one product to use. I like to drive my car, and Color X gets my car looking good with minimal time, so I can spend more time on driving the car.

Gets my thumbs up!!!

(I'll try to get some photos up tonight or tomorrow)

Dom

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');