• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pickup truck washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup truck washing

whats your methods for cleaning the area between the back of the cab and the front of the bed?
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

I get what I can with a fuzzy wash mit and a strong spray of water.

Of course, you could always remove the truck bed by unbolting it from the truck frame if you really want to be thorough!

Mike

p.s.
    Perhaps a new product needs to be invented?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Of course, you could always remove the truck bed by unbolting it from the truck frame if you really want to be thorough!

Mike

only if you come help!
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

I take an old mop, the kind with the strings on it, and cut the handle off half way. The handle will go between the cab and the bed and the mop will clean both cab and bed at the same time.
        Mark
        2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
        AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
        1st Place-Best Overall Detail
        3rd Place-Best of Show
        March 26th, 2011

Comment

do you do this from the top or from the side? I have a cap which makes from the top almost impossible. like the idea though
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

I do mine from the top but I don't have a cap on mine. Here is another idea. If you have someone to help. Take a good size sponge and tie a rope around it, pass the rope between the cap and the cab and then pull it back and forth. What do you think, it should work.
            Mark
            2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
            AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
            1st Place-Best Overall Detail
            3rd Place-Best of Show
            March 26th, 2011

Comment

Re: pickup truck washing

Originally posted by 2000
              whats your methods for cleaning the area between the back of the cab and the front of the bed?
              As I get more picky on how my truck looks that is one area I still have trouble keeping clean. You can hardly see it but I know its there and dirty! I think the contours of the Ford bed (Flairside) and cab make it more difficult to clean than either of my Chevrolets were.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by Mark McGuire
                I do mine from the top but I don't have a cap on mine. Here is another idea. If you have someone to help. Take a good size sponge and tie a rope around it, pass the rope between the cap and the cab and then pull it back and forth. What do you think, it should work.
                Mark
                now that's a sweet idea! and my daughter will probably get the biggest kick out of it. I'll post back after I try it.
                got to love these forums.

gb387,
                i agree. I had a '97 f 150 and those curves looked sweet........untill you had to wash in there. I forgot how much easier I have it now.
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');