• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pontiac Bonneville Detail - no 56k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac Bonneville Detail - no 56k

Hello Everyone! This belongs to a nieghbor of mine. They wanted it preped to sell. It was overall in nice condition. The swirls were what i might call medium. I usually deal with bad to miserable swirls to give you an idea. The interior was also very good, just mainly dust and light deposits.

This was kind of cool its an ssei supercharged edition. It really shoud be the SSOP.. aka ss orange peel.. you will see what im talking about in the pics.

Interior

Vacuum Shop Vac
    Meguiars APC 10:1 on carpets then extracted with shop vac
    VRT on vinyl
    4* leather conditioner on leather

Engine

Meguiars APC 10:1 (really need to mix up a stronger batch)
    Meguiars NXT wash agitated with meguiars VA tire brush
    Meguiars Hyper dressing 2.5:1 on all vinyl and rubber
    OCW on all painted areas

tires,wheels,wheel wells

Tires: Meguiars APC 10:1 agitated with meguiars VA tire brush, dressed with hyper dressing 2.5:1

Wheels: Meguiars Wheel Brightener 3:1 agitated with meguiars spoke brush and meguiars VA wheelface brush, NXT wash with meguiars VA wheelface brush. OCW to seal

WheelWells: MEguiars APC 10:1 agitated with meguiars VA tire brush, dressed with hyper dressing 2.5:1

Exterior

NXT
    PB clay
    #80 via LC polishing pad @1250 rpm on all non-curvy areas
    #80 via LC polishing pad ,pc speed 6 on all tight/curvey areas
    Poorboys EX, let haze for 30 minutes
    touchups with meguiars last touch ds

windows cleaned with hi temp window conc. 10:1
    doorjambs got meguiars apc 10:1 , OCW

Before... duh

I think i redeemed myself from the poor jeep pics yesterday.. sorry about no sun but i wanted the the colorful flowers in the pic.

Questions Comments?
    Pinnacle Detailing

As usual awesome work and great job with the pics too. Interior lines look great. Big turnaround with the rims. The paint is drooling wet.

Did the folks end up keeping the car?

Comment

At first i was told they were selling it last monday.. still sitting in the garage haha.

Greg
      Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

Looks like the value of that car just went up.

Great Job.
        r. b.

Comment

Excellent work! Very sanitary... Great pictures too!
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here are some pics that show the jamb work. Enjoy!

Greg
            Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

Nicely done! Judging by the seats, I'm guessing this was an '03 or newer?

Did you happen to notice any bubbling/rust on the leading edge of the hood? I've detailed more than my fair share of this body-style of bonneville, and it seems like EVERY one I have seen has a bit of rust forming in that spot... especially over the passenger headlight.

Just curious if you or anyone else noticed this trend....

Comment

I didnt get the year but i would say its 00 or newer. I didnt see any rust on the body. It was all in fairly good shape. I was suprised to see the bumper also in nice shape with very minimal pitting etc.

Greg
                Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by gregcavi
                  I didnt get the year but i would say its 00 or newer. I didnt see any rust on the body. It was all in fairly good shape. I was suprised to see the bumper also in nice shape with very minimal pitting etc.

Greg
                  Yeah, that body style is '00-'05. The reason I said '03+ is because they changed from a more "curved" stitching patern in the '00-'02, to this more linear cushion pattern in '03+ cars. I suspect it was to save cost so that they could directly share parts with the second-gen Olds Aurora built at the same plant (Lake Orion, MI).

Interesting that there was nothing spotting up on the hood. No place else on these cars have I ever seen rusting, but there is a consistent pattern with rust spotting on the hoods.

Anyways, probably more than you ever thought you wanted to know about GM fullsize sedans

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
                    Yeah, that body style is '00-'05. The reason I said '03+ is because they changed from a more "curved" stitching patern in the '00-'02, to this more linear cushion pattern in '03+ cars. I suspect it was to save cost so that they could directly share parts with the second-gen Olds Aurora built at the same plant (Lake Orion, MI).

Interesting that there was nothing spotting up on the hood. No place else on these cars have I ever seen rusting, but there is a consistent pattern with rust spotting on the hoods.

Anyways, probably more than you ever thought you wanted to know about GM fullsize sedans
                    Yes, in 2003 the Bonnevilles got the Aurora seats. As I understand it, it was a comfort move. The Aurora seats are much more comfortable than the previous Bonnie seats.
                    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

speaking of jams, what i like to do is get some tech protect and like an old applicator pad and go over the weather stripping. is that ok to do? btw nice detail. would you rec. getting some APC for carpets/motors? never really used APC nor do i know the proper ways to dilute the stuff. i might have to pick some up
                      rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
                        Yes, in 2003 the Bonnevilles got the Aurora seats. As I understand it, it was a comfort move. The Aurora seats are much more comfortable than the previous Bonnie seats.
                        I can attest to that being true. Just like how the '05 Trailblazer/Envoy got the seats that had been used in '02+ Bravadas and Rainiers... which are 1000x nicer than the seats in my '02 Envoy. (And since the side airbags were moved to the pillar instead of the side bolster of the seat, I can't do a swap easily)

Have you seen or heard of the rust issue I'm talking about? Even on your Aurora perhaps? The way it looks to me, it's something that even keeping it clean won't completely stop from happening. Almost like something under the film build on the pannel is corrosive against the metal.

Comment

Looks great! very nice work...
                          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by explore_02xlt
                            speaking of jams, what i like to do is get some tech protect and like an old applicator pad and go over the weather stripping. is that ok to do? btw nice detail. would you rec. getting some APC for carpets/motors? never really used APC nor do i know the proper ways to dilute the stuff. i might have to pick some up
                            APC is highly reccomended. I use meguiars detialer line apc at 10:1 for tires,engines,wheels,carpets,interiors,jambs,exhuast.
                            ITs gret stuff. Ifyou get the matching botle to your product it has lines on the bottle clearly mapped out so you can fill water up to the 10:1 line and then fill the rest with water for a perfect dilution.

Greg
                            Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by gregcavi
                              APC is highly reccomended. I use meguiars detialer line apc at 10:1 for tires,engines,wheels,carpets,interiors,jambs,exhuast.
                              ITs gret stuff. Ifyou get the matching botle to your product it has lines on the bottle clearly mapped out so you can fill water up to the 10:1 line and then fill the rest with water for a perfect dilution.

Greg
                              so you can use it as a tire cleaner? is it safe if i get some overspray on my chrome 22's? can you send me a link to it and the bottle? thanks
                              rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');