• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffing Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffing Pads

I've seen a good number of posting where people suggest the use of foam pads on thier buffers. I have a good number of the wool pads (with rubber boots) for my dual head orbital. Is foam better than wool? Is there a problem with wool? What is recommended and why? Any help is appreciated.

The fibers that make wool, well... wool, offer more abrading power and ability than a foam pad so they tend to remove paint and thus defects but in so doing they also instill more swirls and deeper swirls.

The type of movement action different tools generate also affects how aggressive any material is be it wool or foam, or terry cloth.

What specific type of tool do you have? A Cyclo Polisher?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Yes, I have a cyclo polisher. I've had it for years along with a good store of the wool pads. I wondering if I need something different to get better results or if wool is better for some tasks and should not be used for others.

Comment

I think that if we keep begging long enough that Meguiar's will make us some 4" Soft Buff pads to use with both the PC and Cyclo. HINT!!!!!

Yes, using foam pads with the Cyclo will produce better results than using the wool pads. If you take a look at exceldetail.com you will find a whole set of pads intended for use with the Cyclo.

I'm sure Accumulator will chime in soon....counting
        Quadruple Honda Owner
        Black cars are easy!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');