• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use to remove water stain from bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use to remove water stain from bumper?

The title subject says it all. What to use to remove water stain from plastic bumper and make it look new.
    Last edited by Alias; Sep 20, 2005, 09:20 AM.

painted or unpainted?
    "that car is dirty"

Comment

Originally posted by oc detailer
      painted or unpainted?
      Thanks for replying. It's unpainted.

Comment

Try some #38

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2
          Try some #38
          And if that doesn't work, try some #39 followed by a coat of #38.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by BenP
            And if that doesn't work, try some #39 followed by a coat of #38.

Ben
            Looking at the amount of posts by Alias, I thought I would do a translation here.

#38 is Tire & Trim Dressing Gel

#39 is Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner

Both products are in the Professional Lines and you may have a hard time locating it in your everyday Auto Parts Stores.

In the Consumer Line of Megs Products there are:

A Vinyl Cleaner is something that someone else on here should recommend. I don't know of any but I have been wrong before.

As far as recommending a Trim Detailer in the Consumer Product:

I would say: Trim Detailer by Megs (G10810). It is about $3 bucks and it works pretty well and has a cleaner in it also.
            Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

Very informative post for a newbie, BJClarke001. Thanks. I am forced to do this job because the detailer that I went to quoted me $170.00 for exterior detail which I thought was fair and gave him the job. To my absolute surprise when I picked up my car he did not touch the bumper and when I asked why he said the exterior job does not include bumpers.I was speechless. I did not say a word I simply left. For those of you who are wondering who this detailer is...the name of the business is Detail Authority and his website is http://www.waxmycar.com/
              yeah, I was fooled by the website and the before and after pictures.
              Last edited by Alias; Sep 20, 2005, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I would think the Gold CLass Trim Detailer, esp the liquid version (also comes in spray foam), would be an easy start.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
                  Yeah, I would think the Gold CLass Trim Detailer, esp the liquid version (also comes in spray foam), would be an easy start.
                  Does it actually remove water stains??

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
                    Alias,

Yes, I failled on saying it was in the Gold Class Line. So that would be GOLD CLASS Trim Detailer by Megs (G10810). Thanks Murr1525.

Also, sorry to hear about your detailer. I never heard of someone doing an exterior detail and not including the bumpers? In the olden days, we had chrome. Today, we have a mix of plastic (painted and un-painted) and no matter what, they need something.

That is why you need to stick close to this site and learn to do all this stuff yourself (if you have the time). I can't imagine having anyone touch my vehicle. Unless of course, it was a pro detailer from on this site.
                    Brad

Comment

I learned my lesson well. Actually there was a detailer I was referred to by Mike, called the guy a few times but keep getting his answering machine. I got impatient and went to this detailer driving 30 miles BTW, and paid the price. I should have left his shop when he said he does not use meg products. There was a lot of lint on my car when I picked it up. God knows what he used on my car. He runs a clean shop and has a good web site. He knows marketing well but not detailing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias
                        Does it actually remove water stains??
                        Perhaps you should describe these "Stains" on your bumper. I am not aware of water stains on plastic. Are you sure it was water?

What kind a vehicle? What color is the bumper. I know you said it was un-painted but is it black? What about getting a photo?

I may or may not be able to help you but others on here would most likely like that additional info.
                        Brad

Comment

Originally posted by BJClarke001
                          Perhaps you should describe these "Stains" on your bumper. I am not aware of water stains on plastic. Are you sure it was water?

What kind a vehicle? What color is the bumper. I know you said it was un-painted but is it black? What about getting a photo?

I may or may not be able to help you but others on here would most likely like that additional info.
                          It looks like water stains to me but can't say for sure. The bumper is rubber not plastic BTW. I have a black Range Rover with dark grey original OEM rubber bumper. While I am on the same subject is it possible to remove or at least cover up scrathes I have on the bumper?

Comment

Originally posted by Alias
                            It looks like water stains to me but can't say for sure. The bumper is rubber not plastic BTW. I have a black Range Rover with dark grey original OEM rubber bumper. While I am on the same subject is it possible to remove or at least cover up scrathes I have on the bumper?
                            I don't want to leave ya hangin. I was hoping someone else would step in but I find that most responses happen in the evening.

I am not really sure now since your talking about a colorized rubber. I am surprised of the water stains however, but who knows, maybe it is from acid rain.

Lets just hope someone with experience can shine the light for ya.
                            Brad

Comment

Originally posted by BJClarke001
                              I don't want to leave ya hangin. I was hoping someone else would step in but I find that most responses happen in the evening.

I am not really sure now since your talking about a colorized rubber. I am surprised of the water stains however, but who knows, maybe it is from acid rain.

Lets just hope someone with experience can shine the light for ya.
                              Well, the best way for me to describe the bumper is, it's like any other bumper you see on most cars but dark gray in color rather than black that you see on most cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');