• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Clean Foam Applicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Clean Foam Applicators?

So, what is the proper way to clean a foam applicator after use?

--
    Hook
    --
    Hook

Hey Hook,

For the foam applicator, I like to throw them in the washing machine with hot water and liquid Tide soap. This usually cleans the the little foam applicator quite well. The exception is NXT/#21/#20 as these are difficult to remove from the pad. Before washing, try wrapping a towel around the applicator and squeeze as much product out of the pad as possible, then throw the applicators into the washing machine.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

i let mine soak in some apc for a few days prior to throwing them in the machine..
      "that car is dirty"

Comment

same as 2hotford.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

When I don't machine wash them like said above, I hand wash them with Dawn and work the suds through. Squeeze dry.
          Rangerpowersports.com
          Ranger72

Comment

You could just throw them out and then buy them at Walmart where they are cheap.

Unless you use more than one per car, I don't see why you would was them.

Anywya, you aren't required to wash them.

You can squeeze out extra product and store them away in a plastic bag. Just make sure to never use a different product on the pad and you should be okay.

Comment

I disagree, I'd definately wash them after use and toss em when they're worn/torn. I first always use hot water to rinse and squeeze out excess product in the sink after use then store them till I have a bunch to throw in the washer with terry cloths. and use liquid tide. warm water. normaly cycle. sometimes delicate, depends on the load size. and air dry the foam applicator pads.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');