• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get nail polish off leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get nail polish off leather

OK it appears some nail polish has spilled onto the leather seats of my buddies equinox, and they didn't notice until it dried. Is there anything that could take it off without hurting the leather? Don't want to use nail polish remover as they are scared it will affect the leather too much.

Well, may as well try the Meguiars Leather Cleaner first. But with it being dried for a while now, that may not do it.

I am not sure how Acetone will affect leather. You may just need to try it on a hidden spot first, and see if there is any discoloring. You can try every cleaner possible, from Meguairs All Purpose Cleaner, to Simple Green, to Goo-Gone, but eventualy piling on all those cleaners may not be better than a couple dabs of Acetone.

Hopefully someone here has dealt with this before...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Well my friend treid the nail polish remover and it helped. He did get some of it out and then stopped as it was starting to affect the leather. He says he may now try a leather cleaner on it to see if it will help remove what is left. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');