• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#20 polymer vs #21 synthetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #20 polymer vs #21 synthetic

I need something that will last or at least stand up to our Canadian winters. I live in Calgary Alberta and it gets cold and snowy. I do the following to my Truck every Saturday weather permitting

Wash by hand, Meguiars wash
    Clay every 3-5 car washes , depending on the finish
    DC #1 Clean ,again depending on the finish
    DC#2 Polish Every time I wash
    NXT liquid wax x2

I'm thinking of ordering the # 20 polymer sealant from Meguiars the small 16oz online and a bunch of other stuff since I can't get any of this stuff in Canada.
    The #21 synthetic sealant only come in 64oz. way to much more then I would ever use in my life time.

Is the #20 as good as the #21 for protection, and should I put this product over the NXT wax or skip the NXT wax all together, is the NXT wax good enough because I am thinking of adding the high tech yellow wax #26 on top of the NXT wax {maybe thats overkill?}
    I'm just a newbie and super confused so any advice from you guys would go along way CHEERS Peter

Any of these three waxes, Tech Wax, M21, M20 are high quality waxes and as long as you properly prepare the surface then you will get as good of protection as possible by a film left on the car measured in microns.

I know one thing for sure, when I try to clean these waxes out of my applicator pads using water and soap and squishing them in my hand, I have never been able to completely remove the wax from the pad. And the product that squishes out won't break down with water, nor with soap and water.

I'm not sure how it's going to wash off through a winter when I can't wash it out of a wax pad.

M20 Polymer Sealant has been around a long time and is a very good sealant. M21 is a product that borrows from both M20 and NXT Tech Wax. Tech Wax is unique in it's formula in that it was designed from the ground up.

When I detailed cars full time I always used M20 first, followed by a coat of M16. Back then NXT and M21 were not available.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I've always had great luck with #20 getting through the Michigan winters.... on both my own vehicles, and those of my customers. Durability wise, it is second only to Zaino products in my personal testing and experience.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');