• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drop a microfiber, banish it away forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop a microfiber, banish it away forever?

I'm starting to think so.

When I drop a microfiber towel it almost always picks up not just dust and dirt, but also vegetable matter; pieces of leaves and slivers of wood. The dust and dirt wash out in the washer, but the leaf pieces stick to the towels and generally pollute the whole batch. They stick through wash and dry cycles, no matter how many rinses, and picking the pieces off by hand can be tedious and there's no guarantee that it will be complete.

Right now, if they aren't too bad I pick the leaf pieces off and wash them, but if they're all over the towel I pitch the thing. I've thought about laying the towel out and vacuuming the leaf pieces off with my VacnBlo.

What do you folks do?

Tom
    Last edited by Mosca; Sep 12, 2005, 11:45 AM.
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

It goes into the garage as a shop rag or the trash.

I work on some really nice cars and I can't risk damaging one.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

i hear ya, all my older mf towels become, dusting wrags, for my wheels, interior, anything they cant damage like precious paint..
      "that car is dirty"

Comment

I always hose off the driveway first to prevent at least some of the dirt from getting picked up by the towells. I have even considered epoxy coating the garage floor to help even more...
        Dean and Rena
        SoCal New Beetle Club
        '00 Cybergreen GLS "Nessie"
        '03 Blue Lagoon Color Concept 1.8t "Blue Thunder"
        Webmaster Http://www.socalnbc.org

Comment

Where I use my mf towels is usually fairly clean. If I drop one, I quit using it and then wash it. I always inspect each one before using it on my vehicles. If I see trash or debris embedded, I don't use it. If possible, I pick the trash out and wash it again. Then I will re-inspect.

One thing that I have noticed about mf, they hold trash - bugs, leaves, etc. This stuff can very easily instill scratches. I learned this the hard way. I have a real problems with bug splatter this time of year, and I have to QD my vehicles daily. The bugs remains get stuck in the mf and can scratch. Learned the hard way. However, I don't have this problem with Megs Terry towels. The bugs' remains can be shaken out, and I can continue using the towel. Plus, I have never had any problems with scratches when using a quality terry cotton towel. I use a clean terry to remove the contaminants, and then I buff the area to a shine with a mf. Works well. No scratches.
          Bama

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');