• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to reply to a thread or put your name on a sign-up list

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reply to a thread or put your name on a sign-up list

How to reply to a thread or put your name on a sign-up list

In order to attend one of our Saturday Detailing Classes, we ask all club members to register with our forum and then reply to their club's sign-up thread.

As the Administrator for the forum I get phone calls and e-mails from people almost daily letting me know they can't figure out how to add their name to the sign-up list.

Sometimes what they are trying to do is to edit my post, (the first message in a sign-up thread), and add their names themselves. This is impossible. Only the person that posts a message can edit it; just like a regular forum member cannot edit another forum members messages, you cannot edit someone else's messages.

Can you imagine what kind of chaos there would be on discussion forums if anyone could edit your message? Not pretty.

In all cases, when a club reserves a Saturday for our Detailing Class, I send out an e-mail that provides the link to the sign-up thread and the instructions that state that to attend the class a person must first REGISTER with the forum, and then they can REPLY to the thread. You cannot reply to a thread until you've registered and become a member.

If you're reading this and struggling to get your name on the sign-up list for your club's class, then first ask yourself this question...

"Have I registered with the forum?"

If not, then click here...

Register

If you have, then go to the link you've been provided, or look for your clubs sign-up thread in the sign-up forum here,

Sign-up Forums

When you find your clubs thread, CLICK on it. After the thread, (A thread is a linear list of messages), pulls up, read through it if you like, (recommended), and then look for a clickable text button that says, and click on it.

Below is a picture that will help you to locate the clickable reply button.

After you click on the button, a message box will appear, type into the message box something like,

"Add my name to the list"

The picture below shows what this will look like,

After typing in your message (also called a Reply), then click on the Submit Reply button and this will add your message to the thread.

At this moment, an e-mail will be sent to myself notifying me that someone has just signed-up for a class. If I'm at my computer at the time, I will click to the sign-up thread, welcome the new member and then add their name to the list. If I'm not at my computer at the time, the first thing I do when I return to my computer is check for new registrations to the forum and to new posts, (replies), to the sign-up forums and process any new members and add names at that time.

It's really not that hard if you take a little time to read first and then register and reply.

Thank you!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Note:

If you are a new member, when you click to the discussion forum homepage here,

Discussion Forum Home Page

You should see in the upper left hand corner a greeting that says "Hello Your Forum Name Here", like the picture below, which is what I see when I click to the homepage for our forum.

If you don't, then you probably see something like the picture below, which says, "Hello Visitor", and this means you need to Log in

If when you registered, hopefully you clicked YES on all of the options you see in the red boxes below. This will prevent you from having to log back in each time you visit and it will also insure you can see everything on the forum normally.

If you need any help changing your setting, registering, or logging in, please send me an e-mail.

mphillips@meguiars.com
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

***Continual Bump***
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Sign-up

Please enter my name on your list for the Oct 22nd class

Mark Process
        818 906-2678

Thank you

Comment

Re: Sign-up

Originally posted by mprocess
          Please enter my name on your list for the Oct 22nd class

Mark Process
          818 906-2678

Thank you
          Hi Mark,

This needs to be posted in the Sign-up forum, not here... You were' close, real close, but here's the link to the sign-up thread for this weekends Ferrari Class,

Ferrari Club of America at Meguiar's! - October 22nd
          http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/for...?s=&forumid=94

The link to sign up is also on the Frontpage just below the picture of two Ferrari's...

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/index.php

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Detail Class on 29th

Hi Mike

Thank you for E-mailing me back so fast on how to put my name on the list. So can you please put me on the list now. If not let me now again. Once again thank you. Oh I made the mistake, I typed sunday for saterday. My bad.

Comment

Re: Detail Class on 29th

Originally posted by GAErwin22
              Hi Mike

Thank you for E-mailing me back so fast on how to put my name on the list. So can you please put me on the list now. If not let me now again. Once again thank you. Oh I made the mistake, I typed Sunday for Saturday. My bad.

Hi Gary,

You were close! It's cool, there's a learning curve to learning how to navigate and post to a forum. You've replied to thread that is on, how to reply to a thread.

What you want to do is reply to the Sign-up Thread for the class you want to attend. You can find a list of upcoming classes by looking in the

Sign-Up Forum

Look for the name of the club or event and date for the class you want to attend and then click on it and reply like you did here.

Thanks!

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Add my name to the list for April 22nd

Comment

is there a way to auto subscribe to threads? Im so used to it from other forums that it's tough to remember, then I have to search for threads by my username!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by johnny--2k
                    is there a way to auto subscribe to threads? Im so used to it from other forums that it's tough to remember, then I have to search for threads by my username!

Thanks!
                    At the bottom of any thread there is text link that reads,

Subscribe to thread

Click on it....

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Mike.

I guess I should have worded my question better. Is there a way to set it up so that I am automatically subscribed to any thread I post in or start instead of having to click on that in every thread?

Also, is there a way to stop the email notification of replies to threads? My inbox is gonna take a beating! laughing
                      Last edited by johnny--2k; May 16, 2006, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');