• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't recieve your Confirmation E-mail? Read this...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Didn't recieve your Confirmation E-mail? Read this...

I recieved the email but it goes to a dead page, won't let me subscribe to newsletter. I clicked on the one in mikes page and it took me same dead page?? Any suggestions??

Comment

Originally posted by mpezuz View Post
      I received the email but it goes to a dead page, won't let me subscribe to newsletter. I clicked on the one in mikes page and it took me same dead page?? Any suggestions??
      The newsletter sign-up form has been turned off for right now as we transition the newsletter under the Car Crazy Central Umbrella of Media Communications.

Nothings' broken, you just can't sign-up at this time.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Test - didn't get a confirmation email

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSlateGloss View Post
          Test - didn't get a confirmation email
          Did you check your Junk Mail or Spam Mail folders?

Our Webmaster has verified our software sends out the verification e-mails so somewhere between when it leaves our software and you in-box it either gets placed into a junk or spam mail folder or some ISP is stopping it from getting that far.

I manually confirm e-mails on-the-fly all day long when I'm behind a computer.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

My turn. No confirmation email as of yet (18 hours or so). I'm sure the 'reply' function will work fine. The little box in the lower left tells me that I MAY post new threads, which is what I've been waiting for.

tnx

Comment

No confirmation after 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by groscap View Post
                No confirmation after 3 days.
                Just goes to show there's no such thing as a perfect system.

Just so everyone that ever reads this knows, each morning we check for pending accounts, that is people that have registered for for whatever reason have not confirmed their account.

Next, we use the mass e-mail feature in vBulletin to send this group of people an e-mail letting them know that we've found their account in the pending queue and we will manually confirm it.

After we change your status to "Awaiting Confirmation" to "Registered", the forum software again sends out an e-mail to everyone that has their status changed notifying them they are now confirmed members.

So if you don't get a confirmation e-mail from the forum it's not for a lack of us trying on our part because including the confirmation e-mail that is sent when you hit the reply button after filling out the registration form and the 2 e-mails sent above, that's a total of 3 e-mails being sent to you to confirm with you that your account has been confirmed.

There are two primary reasons some people don't get their confirmation e-mail.
                1. Your ISP, (Internet Service Provider), thinks the confirmation e-mail is SPAM and blocks it from getting to your in-box
                2. Your e-mail software or security software thinks the confirmation e-mail is SPAM and either blocks our confirmation e-mail from getting to your in-box or places it in your Junk Mail or Spam Mail folder.

Neither of the above two problems within our control but because we realize this happens, we pro-actively manually approve any pending accounts each morning and throughout each day on the fly as we see people joining the forum. (We get an e-mail notifying us each time a new member registers with the forum.

So even though you may not have received a "Confirmation E-mail", unless it's a weekend you can usually start posting within hours of registering.

We apologize for the problems associated with some e-mails not getting through but there's really not much we can do about it.

For what it's worth, I probably belong to around 50 forums and there's not a single case I can remember where after joining a forum and checking my in-box I wasn't able to locate the confirmation e-mail and confirm my account.

So after registering, if you don't get your confirmation e-mail, see if you can post anyways, if it's Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm PST then chances are very good you can log-in and start posting.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I can post now. Thanks for getting me going. I think the problem may be a spam blocker. Is there an email address that could be entered into my contacts that would let the mail get through? Just a thought.

Comment

We can change the e-mail address in your account to anything you like that won't get blocked.

Just shoot me an e-mail

mphillips@meguiars.com

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

confirmation

Comment

Got a "manual confirmation" e-mail, posted my 1st thread in the "new members say hello" forum, now I'm trying to make a new thread in another area on the site and I can't...am I doing something wrong? Thanks...
                        Please disregard, tried again and it worked, I think I was taking too long writing it, I'm at work and kept going back and forth...had to actually do some work in between!! lol
                        Last edited by dbl-htch; May 28, 2009, 11:41 AM. Reason: posted!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');