• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain-X Origional VS Rain-X Windshild Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain-X Origional VS Rain-X Windshild Wax

Hi,

I have tried the Rain X origional applied by the swipe and wipe, and I like that product very much.

How does Rain-X Origional compare to the Rain-X Windshield Wax?

never used the rain x you've mentioned. i usually just take some cleaner wax and go over my windows
    rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

Re: Rain-X Origional VS Rain-X Windshild Wax

Originally posted by Jbirk
      Hi,

I have tried the Rain X origional applied by the swipe and wipe, and I like that product very much.

How does Rain-X Origional compare to the Rain-X Windshield Wax?
      I haven't used the wax yet because the only place that sells it around here charges about $10, but I have heard it is a lot better than the spray.

Comment

I am just wondering if the stuff is different.

I mean if it is just ordinary wax I don't really want to buy the stuff.

I hear Windshield Wax is better than the Original as well.

I don't know. I am hoping somebody has tried both and will chime in.

Also, can ordinary wax be put on widnows? I mean obviously I could take the applicator and apply it, but what are the results? I would expect something bad as normal wax is intended for paint.

Comment

Ive tried both. been a Rain-X (original) user for several years now. Love the stuff.

Tried the wax a few weeks ago.

As soon as I applied the product it started dryng on me. It did not even allow me enough time to try to work it in or even it out. I tried on one window and got so frustrated with it I reverted back to thw original on the others. Then I broke out the Isopropyl Alchol and removed the wax from the windows.

If they want me to use it, They are gonna have to make it so I at least have enough time to work with it.
          Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Originally posted by j333_76484
            Ive tried both. been a Rain-X (original) user for several years now. Love the stuff.

Tried the wax a few weeks ago.

As soon as I applied the product it started dryng on me. It did not even allow me enough time to try to work it in or even it out. I tried on one window and got so frustrated with it I reverted back to thw original on the others. Then I broke out the Isopropyl Alchol and removed the wax from the windows.

If they want me to use it, They are gonna have to make it so I at least have enough time to work with it.

I agree the stuff is terrrible, I'll stick with the original.
            Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"
            2013 Camaro ... triple black
            323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I do like the origional in the swipe and wipe. People say it is difficult to get off, but I find it easy to both put on and get off.

IT is also very easy to work with.

However, I havne't tried the windshield wax.

Has anyone tried both and like the wax better?

Comment

I'm a trucker and have have been using the Rain-X windshield wax for years. Excellent product. Last 10 times longer then the spray and wipe. The only thking to remember do not apply in direct sunlight or when temp. Is above like 80 degrees. It will cure way to fast. And you will be disatisfied as previous posters were. The direc@tion on the bottle tell you how to apply it, follow them and you will be very satisfied.

Comment

I've tried both and absolutely like the original better. The wax was terrible to apply.

The trick to removing Rain-X is using the tip in the instructions about a damp towel. I've always done that and have never had a problem. Without using the damp towel, I can never get the haze completely off.

Colin
                  A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Good Lord. I just realized this thread is 5 years old!!

Colin
                    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');