• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT....uh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT....uh

Ok so I got suckered and purchased the NXT (paste). Sorry to say (and not trying to bash the manufacture here but)... personally I don't think it's all that. Sure it shines well, but I feel the protection level is *marginal* at best. I've waxed this new black vehicle several times now...(God forbid one drop of water drys on the surface)

Oh by the way, I also had to replace 2 bottles of the spray NXT due to defective triggers

Just one more wax product that claims to be "the best"...now sitting on my garage shelf with the rest.

Again, no bashing intended...just my opinion.
    HammerDown

Currently it is the number one selling wax in North America. What do you perfer?
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Hi Hammerdown,

After reading all of your 13 posts on this forum it looks like you're looking for an invisible force field and I'm sorry to say, no such thing exists. We do appreciate your honesty and willingness to try our products but we know that we cannot please everyone and in cases such as this, your best option might be to take us up on our satisfaction guarantee.

No wax protects 100% against everything, all you can hope for is that a good coat of wax will slow down the attack by whatever it is that's in contact with your finish whether it's your black car,

or the finish on your boat,

Like I always say,

”Find something you like and use it often”

If you find a product you like, then apparently the results look good in your eyes, if you use it often, then your finish will always look great. It's only when you begin to neglect or abuse the finish that it goes down hill.

So while millions of people for hundreds of years have found Meguiar's to be the product for them, a casual perusal of your posting history would show that you need to keep looking for a product line that looks good in your eyes and meets your expectations.

Again we thank you for your honesty but we know we are not going to please all of the people all of the time and that's normal for any business.

Here's the number for Customer Care, 1-800-347-5700, give them a call on Tuesday as our offices are closed on Monday for the Labor Day Holiday Weekend and cite this post and I'm sure they will take care of you.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

maybe ur just doing it wrong and not the problem of the wax..... just wondering, wat are u comparing NXT with anyways? are u washing ur car with proper soap? do u actually know how to tell if theres protection or not? NXT like other waxes do not last forever even if some of the other waxes claim to last for a year, they dont. but with my experiance, NXT still beads after 2 months of parked outside and washed every week. and fresh contaminants such as bird **** are still easily taken off with quik detailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
          Currently it is the number one selling wax in North America. What do you perfer?
          Well I guess the hunt is still on.
          HammerDown

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Hi Hammerdown,

After reading all of your 13 posts on this forum it looks like you're looking for an invisible force field and I'm sorry to say, no such thing exists. We do appreciate your honesty and willingness to try our products but we know that we cannot please everyone and in cases such as this, your best option might be to take us up on our satisfaction guarantee.
            No wax protects 100% against everything, all you can hope for is that a good coat of wax will slow down the attack by whatever it is that's in contact with your finish whether it's your black car,
            Again we thank you for your honesty but we know we are not going to please all of the people all of the time and that's normal for any business.
            Thanks for your feedback Mike. and as I mentioned prior not looking to bash on Meguiar's here just post how I feel about the product I just purchased being the NXT paste and quick spray.
            Even with only 13 post, I try to do alot of reading/research as I try to be a educated consumer. And being quite happy with Meguiar's Marine Polish in the blue bottle I figured I try the NXT. My other option was a mail order product that begins with a Z. Maybe I'll give that a shot. I belive my biggest battle is the color of my new vehicle metallic black. EVERYTHING cooks on to it!
            I had hoped the NXT Paste would have at least stopped some water spotting and bug juice...nope.
            I do feel the NXT offers up a spectacular shine...
            But does shine equal protection, I don't necessarily belive so.

Just got back from a 80 mile round trip to Chesapeake City Md...I had to practically chisel off the bug snot, not to mention the pollen spores.

My answer, drive around with a car cover on or sell the black car

Ps. send the product back...well I'm not one that really does this, heck my shipping cost could be 1/3 or so of the purchase price.
            BUT... several times when I called Meguiars tech's about any new product (as with the NXT) I would ask "can ya send me a small sample"...the reply "sorry but we don't send out samples". Hmmmm, I wonder why?
            Again, thanks for taking time to respond...Ray
            HammerDown

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDown
              Thanks for your feedback Mike. and as I mentioned prior not looking to bash on Meguiar's here just post how I feel about the product I just purchased being the NXT paste and quick spray.
              I didn't see you post so much as a bashing as I did a customer not happy with their product choice and we understand that you can't please all of the people all of the time...
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

though i don't use everything meguiars, i do have alot of their products and for the most part... i am happily satisfied. i've had a few problems/issues with a couple of products and they took care of me and that is just as important as the product themselves. who else offers a 100% money back guarantee and good customer service/knowledge these days? hardly anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDown
                  I had hoped the NXT Paste would have at least stopped some water spotting and bug juice...nope.

Just got back from a 80 mile round trip to Chesapeake City Md...I had to practically chisel off the bug snot, not to mention the pollen spores.

My answer, drive around with a car cover on or sell the black car
                  A few suggestions. In my opinion, the most durable wax to this type of stuff from Meguiar's is their #16 Professional Paste Wax.

Also, I've found that using things like Final Detail regularly, significantly reduce the effort needed to remove bugs and such. It seems to create a rather decent temporary barrier on the paint. In fact, you can see this in how it will make glass bead water really well in rain.

There are also other products like ProWax's Bug Guard (and another competing one I can't think of) that you put on before road trips and such. They make a water-solubale layer on the front of the car that bugs stick to. In m experience, they don't just hose right off, but do come off quite easily.

With anything like that, though, getting the contaminent off the paint fast is the key.
                  1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                  2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                  1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I think the NXT wax work's good. It even smell's good. And about the trigger on the bottle's I never heard of anybody else having trouble with them. Maybe it got dropped at the place you bought them from.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
                      A few suggestions. In my opinion, the most durable wax to this type of stuff from Meguiar's is their #16 Professional Paste Wax.
                      And I thank you for your opinion.
                      When I called Meguiar's 1800# and asked what their best product would be for my application >>> I was directed to the NXT.

Noooooow (if) Meguiar's wants to send me a few sample oz's of their #16 it would be my pleasure to give it a try. Other than that....I'm keeping my $$$ in my pocket
                      I would try it on the front bumper cover and the rear deck lid
                      HammerDown

Comment

#16 is discontinued in the USA. You can order it from Europe however... And be prepared; the price will be very steep.

Or maybe you can arrange a destined-for-EU tin from Mike !!!

Comment

How can #16 be available in Europe but not in the US?

I thought the US was responsible for all the world's pollution and ravaging the earth's ecosystem, while the Europeans are at one with nature and goodness.

Why can't we get #16?

Comment

hammerdown,

I use NXT with a layer of carnauba wax as a topper. With this combo, I can use a spray bottle filled with water to remove bird droppings that have dried for 1/2 a day. Wax gives you protection against UV and also partial protection against airborne pollution. Try putting a slightly thicker layer by applying a pure wax on top of NXT. #16 is a good combo as I've seen from photos.

Of course, bug splatter is a different story, as their hard shells can imbed slightly into your paint. I use a claybar after washing and first trying a bug remover spray.

Comment

It is priced £12 in the UK, €36.5 in Austria and 55.3 Swiss Francs in Switzerland.

But I'd highly recommend #21 instead...
                              Last edited by Bence; Sep 6, 2005, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');