• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First attempt with the G-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First attempt with the G-100

Hopefully I got this picture thing right.

This was my first attempt with the G100. I started out with the #9 swirl remover thinking that with all the swirls I had that this would be the first step. After the first application and removal, it seemed as though it didn't even touch the swirls. So ! jumped up to the #80 with a 8006. It did a pretty good job, but there was still some indications of light swirling. Hence, I jumped to my last resort, and the #83 DACP with an 8006. After getting some great results, I went ahead and did the whole process in just the taped area (you can see the linesof where the tape was) of:

NXT

It turned out pretty well I think. There is obviously some areas that I needed to pay more attention to at the top, but overall, I am pretty pleased with the results that combination gave me.

I want to thank everyone who has helped get me going in the right direction. I think it is really going to pay off.

Scott

Last edited by SkeeterJD; Sep 3, 2005, 07:21 PM.

Hi Scott,

Looks like you got the swirls out with this process but is it me or the picture because the area you polished out isn't looking as clear and glossy as one would hope. Doe it look better in person?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

i still have light swirls too but i'm kind of scared of M83
      rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

It might be a bad angle for the shot. I had to arrange myself to get a good shot of the sun, but instead of having the sun behind me, it was in front of me.

After I did the whole car it looks great, no (I should say fewer) swirls and an absolutely deep, dark, wet color. I really enjoyed the #80 Speed Glaze a lot better than the #83 DACP. I worked pretty small sections, but it was difficult to remove some areas of the #83.

I will try to get another picture up to show the results in better light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Hi Scott,

Looks like you got the swirls out with this process but is it me or the picture because the area you polished out isn't looking as clear and glossy as one would hope. Doe it look better in person?

To be honest I was kind of thinking the same thing. However, also being a black Corvette owner if Scott says it looks good in person then I'm thinking the picture hasn't captured the full affect.

Is there a real danger of doing serious damage using #83 with a DA if used properly? I'm not and expert by any means but I've never had any unwanted results from using my DA. Although I must admit I have not used anything as aggressive as #83.
          You don't have to go fast to look cool in a Corvette!

Before pitcures of my Porsche

After pictures, while it was parked

Comment

when i was having trouble with M83 mike told me that it was sensitive to heat...
            rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

Comment

This might be a better shot to show the overall look of the car after I detailed it this weekend. The clouds rolled it when I took the shot of the hood, but I think you can see that it is pretty glossy and has a really deep wet look to it.

Last edited by SkeeterJD; Sep 6, 2005, 06:34 AM.

Comment

VERY glossy. looks great man. Is this your daily driver? is it garaged?
                rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

Comment

Yes it is my daily. I am sure a lot of Corvette owners will be shaking their head at that, but it is so much fun to drive, it would be hard to let it sit in the garage. It just screams to be driven.

It is garaged and when I take it to work I put a car cover on it. Not only does it keep the dust off, but keeps it pretty cool too. That car cover was a great investment, especially for a black car. As you probably know. Nothing like going out and seeing a nice layer of dust on a black car.

Comment

Originally posted by SkeeterJD
                    Nothing like going out and seeing a nice layer of dust on a black car.
                    Hey now i know the feeling! I'll go through about 3 or 4 bottles of QD ever 2 or 3 months. Where did you get this cover at? price? is there one to fit my SUV?
                    rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

Comment

Buying a car cover may get you some grief from co-workers, people in general, but I have found it is well worth the hazing. Like I said, especially with a black car it is really tough to keep the dust off and a car cover works great.

I got the cover for my vette at madvet.com. An absolute dream store for any Corvette owner. It was one of their higher priced covers that is very durable and gentle....cost=$250 USD. However, I have heard that Wolf, Coverking make a pretty good cover for a lot less. My cover probably costs more because it has the Corvette emblem on the front of the cover and "CORVETTE" stitched on the back.

It might ding your wallet in the beginning but if you use it all the time, it is well worth the investment...plus it'll save you time QD'ing your car and like I said, it keeps it cool in the summer.

Good luck

[edit]
                      I too also carry around QD, but another great investment is a California Duster. You can find those at most auto parts stores, Wal-Mart, Target...those sort of places

Comment

i need to get one.
                        rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');