• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#7 Show Car Glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #7 Show Car Glaze

Hey guys, picked up some of this stuff today and going to apply some tomorrow.

Two questions:

I read you're supposed to not let this product dry. So simply apply, and wipe off? If applying by hand, should I use the even applicator, and whipe off with the ultra shine mf?

How long before I whipe off after applying?

Thanks again for your time,

-Nick
    1998 White Olds Aurora
    V8 260HP

Hi Nick,

Do one panel at a time and Just work it in then wipe it off and move onto the next panel.

When finished run round the whole car with a clean cloth TWICE as #7 is oily and you want to get rid of any streaks there may be.

Bryan

Comment

Use a foam aplicator, and you don't just "wipe on wipe off", as Blr123 said, you work it into the paint, then remove it.
      Rangerpowersports.com
      Ranger72

Comment

If you have a PC it goes on much easier.

My process was:
        Apply #7 to one panel
        Wipe
        Apply #7 to another panel
        Wipe previous panel
        repeat

I just did it this way for show prep. for my Mustang and it came out looking better than I've ever seen it.

Comment

Re: #7 Show Car Glaze

Originally posted by nick1897
          Hey guys, picked up some of this stuff today and going to apply some tomorrow.

Two questions:

I read you're supposed to not let this product dry. So simply apply, and wipe off? If applying by hand, should I use the even applicator, and whipe off with the ultra shine mf?

How long before I whipe off after applying?

Thanks again for your time,

-Nick
          Here's some good reading.

Scroll down and read my post...

r. b.

Comment

Hey,

Just to chime in...

After you read Mike's #7 write-up that Rusty Bumper posted a link to, the use of #7 will become much easier.

But just to clarify. Meg's #7 is a Pure Polish. As such, it does not dry but rather skins over. Therefore, one can apply it thoroughly and then remove it immediately without waiting. The key is to ensure a thin, but even coat is massaged into the paint. After that, you may remove it using Mike's method or one panel at a time.

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Maybe I was mislead in Mikes' statment:

" As such, it does not dry but rather skins over. Therefore, one can apply it thoroughly and then remove it immediately without waiting."

I am going to try it by hand and discover the results. I am in the process of ordering the G100DA. Right now, I am just trying to get familiar with my products and gain expierence using them by hand. Once I feel comformtable using it by hand, a DA is on its way.

Sorry for such a "newbish" question, but I dont want to mess up.

So you guys are saying apply the #7 to one panel, then dry? Or a section of the panel, dry, another section, dry etc.?

Thanks again for your kind words,

-Nick
              1998 White Olds Aurora
              V8 260HP

Comment

One more Q before I go;

Do you apply the same as wax? or is there a different set of instructions for applying?

I also told to use a soft foam applicator. Is the even coat applicator ok? Or should I purchase another high tech applicator?

Should I apply the #7, dry and soon after apply wax to each panel?

Something like this:

Work #7 in
                Use ultimate shine mf
                Apply NXT wax
                Use ultimate shine mf

Again, thanks for your time.

-Nick
                Last edited by nick1897; Sep 2, 2005, 07:09 PM.
                1998 White Olds Aurora
                V8 260HP

Comment

I like using a foam applicator, I think it spreads more easily. Apply it just like wax, but work it a little bit using light pressure. When applying anything by hand I like to wet the foam with either water or a QD. The foam will slide over the paint better.

You can apply NXT right after because the #7 doesn't need to cure.

Comment

Gotcha

2 sprays of QD enough to cover the pad? And how often should I apply QD to the pad? Just once? Spray the pad after each panel?

Thanks,

-Nick
                    1998 White Olds Aurora
                    V8 260HP

Comment

Hi Nick,

Yes, you can apply the #7 to one panel and then immediately wipe it off. Or, you can apply and remove it using Mike's method. The choice is yours. After completing the whole car with the #7, you need to apply a wax or sealant in order to lock-in the #7.
                      Also, you can use a foam applicator or the Even Coat applictor.

So:

#7 by hand, apply with foam applicator or Even Coat applicator, remove with either a 100% cotton towel or a MF towel.

Then apply your wax/sealant with a clean applicator and remove with a clean MF towel.

Tim

Comment

What time frame am I looking for between MFing #7 and applying the NXT wax? Instant? 5min? 10min?

-Nick
                        1998 White Olds Aurora
                        V8 260HP

Comment

Hi Nick,

It does not matter. The #7 does not need time to cure like a sealant. Therefore, as soon as you have finished applying and removing the #7 from the entire car, you can top it with the NXT!

Tim

Comment

Thanks Tim, sorry for any mis-understandings, I'm new but adapting quick.

-Nick
                            1998 White Olds Aurora
                            V8 260HP

Comment

I forgot where I found the link where Mike explained to go up and down then side to side when applying wax. Or something along those lines.

I'm trying to figure out if its up and down then left to right or vice versa? Or does it not matter? Before I was using the "swirl" motion, which I soon learned isnt suffice.

-Nick
                              1998 White Olds Aurora
                              V8 260HP

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');