• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying ColorX With A G-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying ColorX With A G-100

It's getting close to September, so I thought it was time for the odd/dumb question of the month.

I was using ColorX with my DA (G-100) the other day, and it seems to take a while to dry after it is worked in this way compared to hand application.

Is it OK to go ahead and remove it while it's still wet, or should I wait for it to dry first?

I was getting a little impatient waiting for it to dry, so I decided to remove it anyway. And the reason for that, was because I wanted to see if needed to reapply the product a second time.

I did let the final application dry though.
    r. b.

Hey,

Being that it is a cleaner/wax type of product, you need to work it in based on the need, and allow it to dry before removal. But if you are planning on topping it with a LSP, then removing it wet after using it's cleaning/polishing abilities, should be just fine.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
      Hey,

Being that it is a cleaner/wax type of product, you need to work it in based on the need, and allow it to dry before removal. But if you are planning on topping it with a LSP, then removing it wet after using it's cleaning/polishing abilities, should be just fine.

Tim
      Thanks Tim!

I thought it would be OK to remove the product while wet, but I just wanted to confirm this.
      r. b.

Comment

I applied ColorX with the G100 again today, but it takes it a while to dry for a swipe test.......Maybe I'm applying it a little thicker this way......Not quite sure at the moment.

I decided to re-apply another application of CX, but this time I did it by hand with a Hi-Tech pad instead. The product dried almost instantly after I finished my work area.

It left a great shine and a nice buttery feel to the finish after removal.

ColorX has to be one of the greatest products that Meguiar's has ever made. I can see myself using this as a maintenance product, and then topping it with NXT or something else.
        r. b.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');