• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT All Metal Polish on Motorcycle Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT All Metal Polish on Motorcycle Exhaust?

Hi everyone, i'm new to the world of detailing.

I just bought a new cruiser with lots of chrome!

I've just bought the NXT All Metal polish, but i was wondering if it's safe to use it on the exhaust. I'm guessing the exhaust is either chrome or polished stainless steel. My main concern is how the polish will react to the high heat emitted from the exhaust. Anyone tried this before with good results?

We've had a lot of people come through our Saturday Detailing Classes and used this product on these surfaces and we've never heard of any problems.

When in doubt, test in an inconspicuous area first and watch it over a little time.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

My father uses it and swears by it on his '93 Honda Goldwing. He used Mother's since I was still in diapers until i brought some down to Fla, and we tried a bit of it on the front wheel. After seeing the results, he did the rest of the chrome-laden bike. He no longer uses Mother's.
      Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        We've had a lot of people come through our Saturday Detailing Classes and used this product on these surfaces and we've never heard of any problems.

When in doubt, test in an inconspicuous area first and watch it over a little time.
        Mike,

Thanks for the reply. When said that the products have been used on these surfaces did you mean chrome and steel in general or were you refering to the chrome/steel exhausts?

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');