• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nxt Spray Wax on wet car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nxt Spray Wax on wet car?

I am new to car detailing and i have just used the nxt tech wax and using the spray wax to boost it weekly. It says on the bottle that it can be applied to wet car. Is that true? Would the water dilute the wax and makes the 'haze' time longer?

How often should i use the tech wax if i use the spray wax weekly?

thanks.

I have been wondering this myself lately as I would only use a spray wax when I wash my car.

Comment

I've found this to be kind of a pain if you put it on a wet car.

Comment

Yeah, getting it wet seems to make it harder to come off for me... unless I am doing something wrong. Just getting the applicator too wet from drips seems to make it harder to come off for me.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hey,

I would strongly suggest using the Spray Wax on dry paint. It will make life a whole lot easier!

Oops! I just about forgot a link of Mike's:

How to Get Great Results Using Meguiar's Spray Waxes

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Like Tim said, any spray wax will work best on a dry car.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Not to stray too far off topic, but has anyone tried the Quik Wax on a wet car?

There has to be some trick-of-the-trade to using it on a wet car, otherwise they would not have recommended it.

FWIW, I did try it on a wet car, not to hard really, but the setup time is longer, so there was no real time advantage to that method.

But OTOH, once I rinse my car off (without the nozzle) there really isn't much water left on the paint, thanks to the sheeting action of the NXT paste already on the paint. So it's all academic I suppose.

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

thanks all for the help....will do it on a dry car...

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');