• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

remove stain "drops" on penetrating oil on bumper cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove stain "drops" on penetrating oil on bumper cover

hello all,
    doing some work on the engine yesterday and it required some PB Blaster (penetrating oil).
    Some sprayed onto the bumper cover and apparently i didnt clean it all up, then after a 1hr drive, i noticed it.
    it didnt wash off with my shampoo and conditioner, and only some came off with medallion and no. 9. (using my porter cable).
    any other ideas, the spots are and "orangeish" color and are annoying me.
    thanks

Re: remove stain "drops" on penetrating oil on bumper cover

Originally posted by rx7owner
    hello all,
    doing some work on the engine yesterday and it required some PB Blaster (penetrating oil).
    Some sprayed onto the bumper cover and apparently i didnt clean it all up, then after a 1hr drive, i noticed it.
    it didnt wash off with my shampoo and conditioner, and only some came off with medallion and no. 9. (using my porter cable).
    any other ideas, the spots are and "orangeish" color and are annoying me.
    thanks
    You might could try DACP, but Medallion & a PC is pretty strong too.

Some have said that ScratchX works well in spot removal.
    r. b.

Comment

bump, any more advice? I tried scratch-x, but it didnt work.
      i cant find the DACP product

Comment

Hey,

I would suggest using Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner with a W-8006 Polishing Pad. Is there any warnings or suggestion on the penetrating oil's label about removing it from a paint's surface? You may also try Meg's Body Solvent, followed by re-waxing the area. Just some ideas....

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');