• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any progress on a spot free wash system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any progress on a spot free wash system?

The Mr. Clean product works okay but is poorly constructed. Water leaks out of the bottom of the unit when you use the filtered water and the 'no bucket' method is horrible. Where am I supposed to put my wash pad and wheel brushes? The soap is nothing to write home about either. The RainX self dry product is probably the biggest piece of garbage I've ever bought. Half the time, the soap wouldn't dispense and whatever that rinse polymer was supposed to do to eliminate spots, it didn't do it. Real fun with a black Excursion.

Anyway, the type of product I envision being the best would be a combination filter/sprayer and you'd use traditional car wash soap (like NXT or Gold Class) and a bucket and the filter/sprayer would be used to spray down the car, rinse the soap off, the switch to filtered water for the final rinse.

How about it?
    Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Hi Scott,

One thing I can tell you for sure and that's the posts in this forum get read!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and suggestions.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks, Mike!

I really hope Meguiars realizes the huge market that awaits them for a true, user-friendly spot free wash system.

Protect All's Quick and Easy Wash is spot free, but there are limits to how dirty a vehicle can be when using it and some people will never be comfortable not rinsing their vehicles before drying-and that is why such a spot free system is important to me. I have two customers who want their cars washed convetionally, not enough to invest in a pressure sprayer and deionized water system. Besides, one already has the sprayer and water filtration system. The other though, does not. Plus all his vehicles are black (on is the above mentioned Excursion).

Comment

I don't like the idea of a using a pressureized water system.

I think your standard 40 to 100 PSI city water is plenty to wet the car, then you do the scrubbing, and it is more than enough to rinse too.

I know when I go in for car service and get my car washed they do a terrible job. Whatever they do they remove everything including the wax and get the car clean, but they also make a few small swirls (not too bad but about 3 to 5 times requires a serrious polish to fix), and the widnows always come out dirty as if they use something like you would expect a gas station to offer.
        Last edited by Jbirk; Aug 30, 2005, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Deionized Water

i just purchased a unit to change my tap water into Deionized water. being that i have checked my water at house and the pH is 7.89 and the TDS is 240 and i filter the water to 1 micron
          i checked the water in gallon container and it now reads a pH of 6.89 and a TDS of 004 it works O.K. i do find that it is only good for the rince cycle as pressuer is low. lets say it more like a sprinkler head. not real impressed with that. i still dry off my vehicle.
          something i did notice is the soap seems to be quite stronger and will have to try a smaller amount. i used 1 oz per gallon of water also your hands get so dry from drying they will need help that evening.

the use this to keep down the water spots on my BLACK VAN not let me watch the water dry.

does anyone have a pH meter and a TDS meter to check there water. if you do not have all the information on your water its hard to establish how far you need to got with the water treatment.

Comment

Adding some more info to this post: I have looked at the Mr. Clean product every time I pass it in the store, I like the idea but.... One big turn off is the filter/soap, doesn't seem like you get much for your money. So maybe something in the meguiars line could utilize their current washes + filters.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

ive heard some reports that the Mr.Clean system doesn't do a very good job of cleaning the car some people say you have to wash your car with megs then re wash with mr.clean so you dont have to dry
              but still washin beats the heak out of drying

I use the absorber the quicest way for my to dry a car!
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                but still washin beats the heak out of drying

Yeah, it would if it actually dried spot free. It doesn't, at least for me no matter what method I use. Their soap, Meguiars soap, both soaps, etc.

Comment

hhehe i guess u hate Mr.Clean i wonder if the magic erasers for auto work ... any one try them before ?
                  Patrick Yu
                  2003 Honda Accord

Comment

hhehe i guess u hate Mr.Clean i wonder if the magic erasers for auto work ... any one try them before ?
                    Yeah, they are pretty good for cleaning wheels and kick plates and the bottom of door panels where dark soled shoes leave marks.

I don't hate the Mr. Clean system, it was a good idea, just terrible execution.

Comment

I've been eyeballing something like this for a while and I finally bought the SPOT FREE WATER FILTER / SOFTENER system.

While I haven't written a review here as of yet as I need to upload pictures and such, you can view it HERE.

While we all know this isn't the place to really get into discussing the filtration system here, I'd be happy to entertain emails and/or PMs if you have questions until I get the review here -- if Mike/2hotford will allow it...

UPDATE -- This review is now available on MOL! CLICK HERE

RP
                      Last edited by Rockpick; Feb 20, 2006, 06:01 PM.
                      -The Final Detail-
                      Lagrange, Kentucky
                      thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                      CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

wow thats pretty expensive

and long write up! how mad would you be if you left that out and someone stole it although it doesn't look like something that is $300
                        Patrick Yu
                        2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
                          I've been eyeballing something like this for a while and I finally bought the SPOT FREE WATER FILTER / SOFTENER system.

While I haven't written a review here as of yet as I need to upload pictures and such, you can view the rough copy HERE.

While we all know this isn't the place to really get into discussing the filtration system here, I'd be happy to entertain emails and/or PMs if you have questions until I get the review here -- if Mike/2hotford will allow it...

RP
                          Hey Brad,

Great to hear from you again!

I do not see a problem with you posting the info on to MOL as long as the commercial links are removed. Otherwise, I really enjoyed reading your write-up! I may have to consider one of the filter kits for myself!

Tim
                          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

wow thats pretty expensive

and long write up! how mad would you be if you left that out and someone stole it although it doesn't look like something that is $300
                            It is a little on the heavy side from a wallet perspective but, for me, it was well worth it (note the test strip demonstration -- hard to beat that!).

The materials that it's manufactured with are pretty high end -- like you though, the overall cost is harsh for what you're getting out of the box. I suspect that the resin material utilized in the actual filter isn't cheap as I've dealt with several types of materials along these lines in ion-exchange groundwater remedial systems (typically used for metals remediation). Either way though, I stand by the cost being a fair one as I sincerely believe that this is an item that you pay for what you get -- what I got was something LIGHT YEARS beyond the clumsy Mr. Clean filter garbage and something that is going to LAST for years and years. No regrets -- well, not yet.

RP
                            -The Final Detail-
                            Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                              Hey Brad,

Great to hear from you again!

I do not see a problem with you posting the info on to MOL as long as the commercial links are removed. Otherwise, I really enjoyed reading your write-up! I may have to consider one of the filter kits for myself!

Tim
                              Hi Tim... I appreciate the response. Naturally, I will remove the links to 'other' products before posting as I know that's a violation of the rules -- it wasn't too long ago that I was enforcing them too ya know.

Which forum?

-Brad-
                              AKA: Rockpick
                              -The Final Detail-
                              Lagrange, Kentucky

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');