• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars VS Mothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars VS Mothers

Here is just a comment.... It seems that you hear a lot about Mothers and I have never really looked into their product. I am sure they make good products but looking at their web site it seems they really don't have the product selection that Meguiars does, its no where near the selection. No pro line either?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

According to their company rep whom I met a few weeks ago, Mothers does have a pro line, but it isn't really sold in stores at all, only through distributors. As far as products, I saw the sales trailer from an online vendor in st. louis at a race, and I had no idea they sold so many different products. they just aren't as big and don't have the advertising $$. I've used both and really gotten good results from both. they too have car wash, window cleaner, quick detailer, wheels cleaners, vinyl protectant, plastic restorer, lots of stuff. Probably only one version of any given item instead of like 2-3 from megs, but all the vital stuff is there.

The meg's stuff can be gotten in a lot more places, but the pro line is harder to find in more rural areas that is for sure.

I have no problem with either company and think they both make great stuff.
    Last edited by Marc Hufnagel; Apr 21, 2004, 06:49 AM.
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Over all both Mothers and Meguiars Make the best products. Their are single products out their that may be better , but Mothers and Meguiars products as a whole are the best .

Comment

I think Mothers makes good products, but IMO Gliptone is better. I'd place Gliptone under Megs, but over Mothers.
        Reflections
        Professional Detailing
        Paint Polishing
        Carlos Davila Owner

Comment

I have nothing against Mother's products.....I just like Meguair's better.

I have used two of their products. Back to Black, which I had horrible luck with and will probably never finish my bottle, and their Chrome polish, which IMO ROCKS.....

Comment

If you think of Back to Black as a cleaner, rather than as a protectant, you'll be more satisfied with the results.

Tom
            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Has anyone ever used mothers california gold car wash??? I am just asking for opinion purposes. I used it once and I thought it was absolute junk. It made my car look terrible. I actually washed it again with meguiars gold class to make the car look good again. On the other hand I think that mothers instant detailer is the best "instant detailer" on the market. Like I said not to offend anyone just my personal opinion.
              Nothing but the best, That's why I use Meguiar's.
              1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Dark Baltic Blue
              4.6 32 Valve DOHC V8

Comment

When I was around 11-12 years old, my uncle was using Mother's pure Carnauba Wax system and I learned waxing using that product.. Although when I knew what was going on, I was only buying Meguiar's products.. hahaha! I slowly learned little by little on what's the proper way to keep a car shiny and in effect, my inventory grew as well! Although I was just using Gold Class wax until I was like 16 years old.. Nothing else.. I still didn't know the essentials back then..
                2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Re: Meguiars VS Mothers

Anyone used Mother's California Gold Pure Carnauba in the last 5-7 years?

Comment

I tried Mothers on my car when I first got it. It worked ok, but I never really got the results I was looking for till I explored Meguiars. After that, I was hooked... the rest is history.

Comment

I used mothers clay bar kit last weekend... the clay kept sticking to my fingers so i wont be buying that again. The spray bottle was far better than meguiars however. I dislike meguiars spray bottles sometimes, for instance, often times you cant spray while moving the bottle.

Comment

I ended up liking the Mothers clay bar over the Meguiars. But other than an old scratch removing compound most of my product is Meguiars or other various companies. I am trying to expand my vision and use of other products. But with the classes meguiars puts on the and knowledge they transparently share and support it makes my understanding of the product greater, thus promoting me to use their product over other products which may compare better or worse. Which I am sure is the reason this forum exists.

I have never had an issue with anyones product, when using them correctly. Looking forward to tomorrow (car wash day) because I got a ton of new products this week and can;t wait to try them out.

Comment

I'd say they Mothers and Meguiars are pretty close. Mothers products have their own charm, as an example FX Synwax is a very good product in that it is effortless to use, leaves a bright reflective finish, and virtually no streaking issues, but can get a bit dusty vs. NXT 2.0.. As for the NXT 2.0, I like that it gives the user more work time to spread it thinner, in my experience it adds more depth and seems to last just a bit longer, and does bead water a lot more. I've used both brands and I still do, but there are certain products that Mothers may do better than meguiars, and vice versa.

Comment

Both companies offer great products, it's just a matter of preference on what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by SpoolMe View Post
                              I used mothers clay bar kit last weekend... the clay kept sticking to my fingers so i wont be buying that again. The spray bottle was far better than meguiars however. I dislike meguiars spray bottles sometimes, for instance, often times you cant sprayyou while moving the bottle.
                              Funny you mentioned that, I recently started swapping out the triggers for better ones. The trigger that was on the ultimate wash and wax anywhere was the worst so far. It really didnt even spray, it just drooled all over my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');