• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question...Questions....Questions...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question...Questions....Questions...???

Well....I have well water....is that the same as hard water? If it isn't I figured it would still be bad. Due to the staining in my bathtub and whatnot. I definetely thought it would be bad on my white paint.....right? What would it do?

Is the plush mitt or the chenille mitt better? What is the differences?; and which one would scratch more? Also, what about as an extra towel for washing ...... mf or terry? Does one scratch more in certains scenarios ...or one more than the other in general? By just the look and feel I would rather wash myself with a super plush terry. Ha! Anyway on a car I just figure its more plush so it would hold the dirt away from the car?....Then again mf is an advancement in technology..

Not to sound stupid, but what is the differences between terry and mf?

I use the chenille sponge.. It really should be a matter or prference, because if you are using good quality ones, and two-bucket method, and a good soap, then they shouldnt scratch at all.

I dont know about a towel for washing, seems like a rather short pile for holding dirt, either with plush or mf.

As far as drying goes, I love the Water magent, which is microfiber.

Well, terry is more a style of cloth I belive, 100% cotton terry being best for car washing. with cotton, forinstance, it isnt impossible to see the cotton fiber. A microfiber is just that, a really small fiber... much thinner than human hairs. More soft fibers can mean softer towels, as well as more suface area for water, etc to cling to. Since they are also man made, they can be shaped, or have properties picked out, unlike cotton, where you get what nature feels like doing.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Question...Questions....Questions...???

Originally posted by Callaway23
      Well....I have well water....is that the same as hard water? If it isn't I figured it would still be bad. Due to the staining in my bathtub and whatnot. I definetely thought it would be bad on my white paint.....right?
      I'd put some filters in your main water line so you don't have all the [stuff] going through your pipes and staining everything (including your car).

Hard water is water with lots of dissolved solids ("minerals") in it. It doesn't lather up soap as well as "soft" water. The water from your well might be hard or it might not be...just depends on the water in your area. But yeah, most well water is hard and maybe even loaded with contaminants.

We have municipal water, but it's not as good as I'd like it to be, doesn't seem much better than the well water I had at a previous house. So I double filter (two 5-micron filters) and condition/soften it- this works great. FWIW I also use a reverse osmosis machine for drinking water- if it looks nasty in your bathtub do you *really* want to drink it
      Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');