• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinnacle signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinnacle signature?

Hello everyone,

I have not seen any mention of Pinnacle Signature Wax, could this be cause it isn't any good?

Just curious as I'm about to put it on the car.

Thanks
    Bryan

mostly in this forums all u can find is meguiars product users not pinnacle, u might wanna try looking for the pinnacle forums if your looking for info on that product you mentioned.

Watch me go crazy silly fresh.

Comment

Thanks,

You know what I thought it WAS Meguiar's sorry

The packaging is very similar though..........at least that's my excuse

Bryan

Comment

Go to Autopia.org, or to detailcity.........You should find some info there......Also, try out bettercarcare.com.
        r. b.

Comment

Is the Signature Wax a new formula? The only Pinnacle Waxes I know of are the Souveran and the Past Glaz.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I have and use pinnacle signature wax. If you have questions, feel free to pm me or email me. You can find both under my info.

Comment

I have all of the Pinnacle waxes and I would say the appearance results are very similar to M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax in the Meguiar's Line. If you were to apply any of their waxes side by side on black paint, (black paint is the true test of any polish or wax), to #26 I don't think anyone could tell the difference.

#26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike is right. I tried 26, p21s, and pinnacle side by side on a black 80's Porsche I had finished polishing a while back. All looked the same. All looked great.
                Last edited by Lt1Corvette; Aug 9, 2005, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Pinnacle signature is a wax formulated for mettalic paints. It is a new forumla. they discontinued paste glaz and came up with this. They should have stuck with the paste glaz. I wouldnt waste your money on the $35 jar. Like mentioned above you can get a cheaper jar with about the same quality. The difference between the $35 dollar and up jar of waxes and the some other cheaper waxes IMHO is that the more expensive waxes go on smoother and remove super easily. That isnt true with all waxes though.

Greg
                  Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

I would submit that there is no such thing as a special wax for metallics or colors especially in light of the fact that most cars have a clear coat finish which means no matter what the color of the car, or whether or not it is a metallic finish, the fact is you're applying wax to a clear layer of paint.

From the Information Station Forum

Which LSP is Best for Light Colors

Originally posted by Cipitio
                    Hi everybody,

I have a silver and a white car. I was thinking on increase my stock of Meguiar's LSP (couple of tins of #16).

I read a lot that NXT and #26 are awesome for dark color cars.

I want to know your opinion about the best choice on LSP for light color cars.

Thank you for your responses.
                    Hi Cipitio,

Here's the deal,

First of all, 99% of all cars being manufactured today have a clear coat, so keep in mind, most people are not working on a pigmented paint, but on clear paint. Clear paint is simply resin without color.

That said, if a car wax, or polish will make a dark or black colored paint look great, it's also making a light colored finish look great to it's just your eyes can't see the difference. This is why the best test for a product is always on dark colors and black paint specifically. The true results of a product are going to be the most apparent on black paint, whether its a single-stage finish or a clear coated finish.

The color that is the least efficient at demonstrating a difference is white paint, whether it's a single-stage, or a clear coated finish. This is why Meguiar's performs all of their testing on black paint.

What you see discussed on forums and elsewhere on the topic of some waxes being better on light colors and some waxes being better on dark colors is simply confusion.

You'll often read where someone will say, "Brand X is great on light colors", what is implied is that brand X doesn't make dark colors look good. If a wax or polish can't make a dark color look good, it isn't making a light color look good, your eyes just can't evaluate the difference.

The best waxes for appearance quality make all colors look good and you can know this by whether or not the wax makes dark colors look good.

Think about it for a second, if you have two identical cars, for example two Honda Accura's. One is white with a clear coat finish and the other is black with a clear coat finish, if a wax makes the black Accura look great, knowing you're working on the same kind of paint, (a clear coat), it's reasonable to assume that it's going to make the white Accura look great, it's just you're eyes won't perceive the difference as easily as they would with the black Accura.

Conversely, if a wax doesn't make the black Accura look good, it's reasonable to assume it's not going to make the white Accura look good for the same reasons outlined above.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      I have all of the Pinnacle waxes and I would say the appearance results are very similar to M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax in the Meguiar's Line. If you were to apply any of their waxes side by side on black paint, (black paint is the true test of any polish or wax), to #26 I don't think anyone could tell the difference.

#26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax

Just as I suspected. The #26 probably lasts longer since it has polymers in it too. I remember waxing my dad's '89 Bonneville with #26. Sometimes it would smear, and guess why? The previous layers that I applied had not worn off yet, and this was after a few months and not using a QD! This was my first introduction to #9. Using it to remove the old wax enabled me to apply a new coat with no smears. This proves your point that you can apply too many layers of wax!

I still have some #26. I think I'll try some on the goat just to see what it looks like. I could use it as a topper too over the NXT, but it doesn't need a topper.

RamAirV1
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Hi there,

RamAir are you saying that one coat is enough...........I'm just about to apply a 2nd coat?

Thnak
                        Bryan

Comment

I think anything beyond 2 coats is overkill and not of any additional benefit. The second coat is really just to make sure the application is even.

RamAirV1
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

OK RamAir 2 coats it is

Thanks
                            Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                              I think anything beyond 2 coats is overkill and not of any additional benefit. The second coat is really just to make sure the application is even.

RamAirV1
                              I'll have to agree with that.

One good coat does wonders for me.
                              r. b.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');